Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Caches, Old Bottles, and other Treasures

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Cache_Hunter's Avatar
Cache_Hunter Cache_Hunter is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Default Gold Coins Could Still Be Buried On This Farm

There is very possibly a small fortune in collector gold coins still buried on this farm.
Eastman Farm
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 04-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Lightningjack's Avatar
Lightningjack Lightningjack is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,512
Default

Thats neat, maybe we should all get people together and go searching for some of those treasure ledgends..

__________________
E-Trac/Garrett At-Pro...

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 04-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Cache_Hunter's Avatar
Cache_Hunter Cache_Hunter is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningjack View Post
Thats neat, maybe we should all get people together and go searching for some of those treasure ledgends..
Yes, but I don't go after the "so-called" legends. I only go after hoards buried by farmers and recluses of the 1800s and early 1900s. In my opinion, there is just a lot bigger chance for a recovery!
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Ketchup boy's Avatar
Ketchup boy Ketchup boy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 335
Default

Cache hunter, have you found any caches? And if so, what was in them? If you found those gold bars in your avatar... that would be cool.:tumble:
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Cache_Hunter's Avatar
Cache_Hunter Cache_Hunter is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup boy View Post
Cache hunter, have you found any caches? And if so, what was in them? If you found those gold bars in your avatar... that would be cool.:tumble:
Hmmmm, well in this public forum I'm gonna say nooooo, never, no way, not a one, never in my life, not me!
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Ketchup boy's Avatar
Ketchup boy Ketchup boy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 335
Default

how 'bout a non-public-private message?:tumble::tumble::tumble:
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Cache_Hunter's Avatar
Cache_Hunter Cache_Hunter is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup boy View Post
how 'bout a non-public-private message?:tumble::tumble::tumble:
I don't know you, so "that's my story and I'm stickin to it"!
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 PM
fir469's Avatar
fir469 fir469 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southampton, NJ
Posts: 626
Default

I'm assuming that the link is "your" website?? If that is the case and you're looking for investors for your projects with potential returns, wouldn't it be more lucrative to post your actual findings thus far on the site to bring in the investors.... you have a whole list of already found treasures and caches, but nothing on your site states any were found by you or your team...

__________________
Equip: Minelab ETrac & Sov Elite, DFX, ACE250, Tesoro S Sabre+, JWF Pulse 8, Nautilus IIB, Minelab Musky, Compass XP Pro, Goldquest SS, Propointer, & Lesche!!!

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Cache_Hunter's Avatar
Cache_Hunter Cache_Hunter is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fir469 View Post
I'm assuming that the link is "your" website?? If that is the case and you're looking for investors for your projects with potential returns, wouldn't it be more lucrative to post your actual findings thus far on the site to bring in the investors.... you have a whole list of already found treasures and caches, but nothing on your site states any were found by you or your team...
Yes, that is my site. I don't look for investors thru forums. I just like to read the stories here, so I thought I would give a little back.

As far as anything that me and my team and "sponsers" HAVE found ............. that is, IF we actually made finds, would be strickly confidential information. Not that we HAVE EVER found anything, at any time, anywhere. "That my story and I'm stickin to it". :spin:

Ok, I'm done talkin about my team finding ANYTHING. I think most people here on this forum would understand.
Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Ketchup boy's Avatar
Ketchup boy Ketchup boy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 335
Default

i don't understand. But whatever.
Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Lightningjack's Avatar
Lightningjack Lightningjack is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,512
Default

I found a penny..

__________________
E-Trac/Garrett At-Pro...

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Rudy's Avatar
Rudy Rudy is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beaumont, CA
Posts: 80,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache_Hunter View Post
Yes, that is my site. I don't look for investors thru forums. I just like to read the stories here, so I thought I would give a little back.

As far as anything that me and my team and "sponsers" HAVE found ............. that is, IF we actually made finds, would be strickly confidential information. Not that we HAVE EVER found anything, at any time, anywhere. "That my story and I'm stickin to it". :spin:

Ok, I'm done talkin about my team finding ANYTHING. I think most people here on this forum would understand.
Sent you a PM.

__________________
HH, Rudy
My album View Forum Rules


If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:07 PM
fir469's Avatar
fir469 fir469 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southampton, NJ
Posts: 626
Default

I also don't understand... wouldn't the government need to be contacted in regards to these finds for tax purposes?? Also things like this, especially if they have historical significance or include coins with very very low mintage would also require the federal government to be notified...

I have no problem with treasure and cache hunters, but in most cases, most of them don't do it for sheer personal gain and profit while acting so secretive. Many contribute to historical societys and museums when a find is made and most coins are documented prior to private or auction sale... Acting so secretive and acting for sheer personal gain makes it seem like piracy lol. We all post our finds, maybe not our locations, but at least our finds. It encourages others to continue their journeys in this great hobby and lets people know that there is treasure out there for us all. Posting your findings can be quite beneficial in encouraging others in the hobby and will also benefit in bringing in other sponsers...

__________________
Equip: Minelab ETrac & Sov Elite, DFX, ACE250, Tesoro S Sabre+, JWF Pulse 8, Nautilus IIB, Minelab Musky, Compass XP Pro, Goldquest SS, Propointer, & Lesche!!!

Reply With Quote


  #14  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Cache_Hunter's Avatar
Cache_Hunter Cache_Hunter is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fir469 View Post
I also don't understand... wouldn't the government need to be contacted in regards to these finds for tax purposes?? Also things like this, especially if they have historical significance or include coins with very very low mintage would also require the federal government to be notified...

I have no problem with treasure and cache hunters, but in most cases, most of them don't do it for sheer personal gain and profit while acting so secretive. Many contribute to historical societys and museums when a find is made and most coins are documented prior to private or auction sale... Acting so secretive and acting for sheer personal gain makes it seem like piracy lol. We all post our finds, maybe not our locations, but at least our finds. It encourages others to continue their journeys in this great hobby and lets people know that there is treasure out there for us all. Posting your findings can be quite beneficial in encouraging others in the hobby and will also benefit in bringing in other sponsers...
Well I do it for sheer personal profit.
Reply With Quote


  #15  
Old 04-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Westernlegend1 Westernlegend1 is offline
Moved On
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,018
Default

I found some more information on this person on the interent, just go to google and type in Gary Downard. Belongs to a Tampa based group Green light or something such as that.
Went from picking up trash for a living, to building a six-figure residual income as a National Director in his network marketing home business company.
Working at home Gary, how much time do you spend hunting for these caches of gold in other states?
Reply With Quote


  #16  
Old 04-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Cache_Hunter's Avatar
Cache_Hunter Cache_Hunter is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernlegend1 View Post
I found some more information on this person on the interent, just go to google and type in Gary Downard. Belongs to a Tampa based group Green light or something such as that.
Went from picking up trash for a living, to building a six-figure residual income as a National Director in his network marketing home business company.
Working at home Gary, how much time do you spend hunting for these caches of gold in other states?
Very good Westernlegend, you did your research! I wondered when someone would look me up for themselves on the internet. I figured it would be you first, because you're heavy into the research, and I'm really easy to find on the internet.

I was a real Rags-to-Riches story after I went into working from home in network marketing. I have been featured in a national home business magazine in the past. I won just about every company award possible including "Top Producer". I built up a six-figure residual income. I quit working my home business about four years ago, because the company that I was working with has changed alot.

Treasure hunting is what I do pretty much full-time now.

The truth about what my team has found? We have found nothing yet. I just started puting this team together about 60 days ago. We are scheduled for our first recovery effort on Site 1 the first week of May. (if anyone here would have read my "about me" page on my website, they would have had all this info.)

I got into historical research well over 30 years ago, but never pursued searching for treasure as a business until now.

As far as keeping any finds a secret, well that would be impossible. Again, on my website, I am teamed up with some pretty famous "names", and have been contacted by a film production company to produce a TV documentary about our "projects". A "find" wouldn't be much of a secret with people all across the U.S. and Canada watching on TV would it?

I would not even TRY to find an investor on a forum. And you're right Westernlegend, I AM a member of the Tampa Greenlight Community. In fact, I started the Tampa chapter. The Greenlight communities across the U.S. and Canada is a group of professionals, mostly business people who stay connected with each other to network, exchange, and support other member's business's and business ideas. Networking with other business people is how you raise money, not posting in a forum!
http://www.greenlightcommunity.com/groups

Everyone who knows me very well at all, knows that I have a big sense of humor. I'm just glad someone here took the time to get to the truth! That's what treasure hunting is all about, peeling away the rumors and doing as much research as possible.:tumble:
Reply With Quote


  #17  
Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Ketchup boy's Avatar
Ketchup boy Ketchup boy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cache_Hunter View Post
I'm just glad someone here took the time to get to the truth! That's what treasure hunting is all about, peeling away the rumors and doing as much research as possible.:tumble:
Does that mean that you're the treasure?
Reply With Quote


  #18  
Old 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Cache_Hunter's Avatar
Cache_Hunter Cache_Hunter is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup boy View Post
Does that mean that you're the treasure?
My wife may disagree with you at times.
Reply With Quote


  #19  
Old 04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Westernlegend1 Westernlegend1 is offline
Moved On
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,018
Default

Just talked on the phone with Gary, we had a few laughs about internet forums in general.
Reply With Quote


  #20  
Old 04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Lightningjack's Avatar
Lightningjack Lightningjack is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,512
Default

So whats it cost to go on one of these excursions, Sounds like fun..

__________________
E-Trac/Garrett At-Pro...

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finding coins, jewelry buried. whiskynitro Advice on Detector Purchase 4 04-22-2013 10:11 PM
Family win back their buried gold coins, 70 years on ~Alan~ Stories and Pictures of Finds 4 04-19-2011 06:36 PM
Detecting Coins That Are Buried On-Edge roadrunner_426 How to Use Your Metal Detector 11 01-09-2009 01:40 PM
No buried coins in north Alabama 256steves General Hobby Discussion 16 12-08-2008 12:10 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.