2 hunts at Odaiba beach, Tokyo

seanrot

Well, here is the combined totals of 2 hunts at Odaiba Beach, Tokyo. I made it out on two night hunts. Alot less people to contend with. Second trip out they started adding sand to the shoreline. I did alot of dry sand on the second hunt which led to a very high Clad count. Clad total 4011 yen, 1 cent and 10 unknown currency. 4011 yen is about $40.90. 1 10k at 2 grams, 1 pt900 at 4.5 grams with 20 little diamonds (dont know if they are real, but they are mounted in platinum so probably), got a 2nd T&Co ring, 4 silver rings and two .925 pendants one with Chain and a couple peices of Junk jewelry.

Hope everyone is doing good and starting to thaw out;)

Attachments

• odiaba2hunt.jpg
    odiaba2hunt.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 664
  • rings1.jpg
    rings1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 714
  • rings2.jpg
    rings2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 692
Looks like a great place to hunt:lol:

I'll finally be hitting a beach next month.

Dont think it will be anywhere nearly as productive as Odaiba though.

Awesome finds!!!

Unbelievable...that Plat ring with the diamonds just paid for your detector & scoop. Nice find!
What's it like hunting at night...any tips? What do you carry as your light source? I keep seeing posts about guys hunting at night and the concept intrigues me. A lot less UV exposure thats for sure.
I found this coin today...is this a 50 Yen coin?

Attachments

• Yen 001.jpg
    Yen 001.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 624
  • Yen 002.jpg
    Yen 002.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 555
Yup, that's a 50 yen coin. As for hunting at night, I wear a ball cap with a energizer LED headlamp about $15.95. A low profile LED flashlight with a headstrap. The ball cap keeps the headlamp from illuminating my glasses which is really annoying. The headlamp puts light where you are looking so it's pretty easy hunting at night. Alot less heat and people, too.

Unbelievable...that Plat ring with the diamonds just paid for your detector & scoop. Nice find!
What's it like hunting at night...any tips? What do you carry as your light source? I keep seeing posts about guys hunting at night and the concept intrigues me. A lot less UV exposure thats for sure.
I found this coin today...is this a 50 Yen coin?

Attachments

• karst_2048_62544984.jpg
    karst_2048_62544984.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 547
You've convinced me to give it a try. How deep do you go out of curriosity? Do you hunt alone? I'm assuming your "in" the water?

I'm hunting the wet and dry sand. When it warms up a little more, I'll be in the water. If I goto Odaiba it usually alone because it's a spur of the moment thing. I have taken someone with me before, I'm not that greedy:). My wife doesn't like me going alone to other beaches but Odaiba is OK, because it has a security detail and a police station on the corner. Anywhere else, I need to take someone for her piece of mind. There is another guy here not too far from me that hunts with a White PI. He has done really well. Course his Bag-O-Trash is always bigger than mine. But he really cleans the beach well.

You've convinced me to give it a try. How deep do you go out of curriosity? Do you hunt alone? I'm assuming your "in" the water?

Once you go, you will be hooked. Target retrieval is SOOO much easier in the sand. I think you'll be surprised with the amount of clad you will pull. Try looking on Youtube for the beach you are going to. You might be able to find a video and see where the people congregate.

Looks like a great place to hunt:lol:

I'll finally be hitting a beach next month.

Dont think it will be anywhere nearly as productive as Odaiba though.

Awesome finds!!!

Sean I see now that not only have I found the same ring but I think I have that same pendant as well.

Nation of sheep:lol::lol:

Nah just kidding I love this place.

You got me beat on the ring count but I think I have you on the pendant count:p

Nice collection there!!!

Back
Top Bottom