Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Coinshooters and Relic Hunters

Old 01-21-2021, 11:49 PM
Elite Member

Default 2 more silvers from a pounded park!

Found these 2 silvers today along with some wheats. I was using the 6inch coil on the Nox and found them both right next to the sidewalk. This park has been hunted ALOT. We have hunted it several times with stock coils. But some areas are so trashy only the 6 inch coil really cuts through to the coins. These are silvers 3 and 4 FTY. Thanks for looking! HH!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:19 AM

That 6” looks like it might be a good investment! Congrats!

Old 01-22-2021, 01:46 PM

Next to side walks can be a real pain because of the rebar in the sidewalks. Sounds like you got an edge on that though.

Old 01-22-2021, 01:50 PM
Elite Member

You get extra atteboy points for getting them from a worked-out park. I love the in-situ shots, and the emerald green patina on that wheatie too !

Old 01-22-2021, 01:59 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ronald68 View post
That 6” looks like it might be a good investment! Congrats!
The 6" coil is definitely a must have. If it were just a little bigger I would probably never take it off. Thanks!
Originally Posted by jordanmills View post
Next to side walks can be a real pain because of the rebar in the sidewalks. Sounds like you got an edge on that though.
These sidewalks are pretty old so no rebar which definitely helps. But it was pretty much solid trash along them.
Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
You get extra atteboy points for getting them from a worked-out park. I love the in-situ shots, and the emerald green patina on that wheatie too !
Thanks Tom!!

Old 01-22-2021, 03:00 PM

I wish the vanquish and equinox coils were interchangable, i do not think they have a 6 inch coil for the vanquish.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:31 PM
Supporter

Nice hunting and photos .

Old 01-22-2021, 06:46 PM

Nice recoveries and a great hunt!!

Old 01-23-2021, 09:30 AM
Elite Member

Nice work. I've heard a lot of Nox users say they really like using that 6" coil and I can see why.

Old 01-23-2021, 11:46 AM
Elite Member

Congrats on what only the Equinox can find👍😁

Old 01-23-2021, 11:48 AM
Elite Member

Great recoveries!!

Old 01-23-2021, 08:08 PM
Elite Member

Congrats on the silver! I'm glad someone is having good luck with the 6" coil . I don't care for it at all.

Years detecting: (4) Equinox 800 (2), Nokta Impact, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett Carrot, Grey Ghost headphones. Oldest coins: 1851 Seated Dime, 1863 IHP, 1867 2 Cent Piece. Total silver coins found: 103, 2021 silver coins: 09

Old 01-23-2021, 10:33 PM
Supporter

Dang nice hunting! Like the barber, Merc and wheats!

EQX800, Dos Compadres : 2021 (Total (4/13 to date)) - Clad: $12.82 ($1093.26), Silver coins: 7 (49), Wheats: 11 (154), Gold: 0 (27), Plat: 0 (1), .925 2 (90), Rings: 2 (237), Oldest Coins: 1920 wheat, 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Old 01-24-2021, 05:59 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by John Madill View post
I wish the vanquish and equinox coils were interchangable, i do not think they have a 6 inch coil for the vanquish.
Yeah that would be nice. I would like a mid sized coil for equinox as well.
Originally Posted by Soil Surgeon View post
Nice hunting and photos .
Thanks!!
Originally Posted by Dan(NM) View post
Nice recoveries and a great hunt!!
Thanks Dan!!
Originally Posted by Estima8tor View post
Nice work. I've heard a lot of Nox users say they really like using that 6" coil and I can see why.
Yeah it is a must have for trashy parks imo.
Originally Posted by metaladdict View post
Congrats on what only the Equinox can find
Haha yep! Thanks!
Originally Posted by MTtrashdigger View post
Great recoveries!!
Thanks!!
Originally Posted by longbow62 View post
Congrats on the silver! I'm glad someone is having good luck with the 6" coil . I don't care for it at all.
Thanks! It is a great option for really trashy areas. I wouldn't give up on it if you have some very trashy areas that have produced with bigger coils I am sure the 6" could sniff out some more good targets. I hit this sidewalk with stock coil last year and it completely missed these 2 dimes.
Originally Posted by GroundSweeper View post
Dang nice hunting! Like the barber, Merc and wheats!
Thanks!!

Old 01-26-2021, 11:13 AM
Elite Member

Ben congrats on the Merc and Barber 2/3rd trifecta. Almost, ha ha. Any multiple silver hunt these days make for a great hunt and you seem to be doing quite well in that dept. I see alot of members are clicking with the Equinox finding deep silver. I got mine early in 18 and for me so far my deep squeaks and the like all seem to be rusty iron of some sort. My problem is, 1 I'm technologically challenged, 2 hardheaded and 3 I can't walk away, I have to see what the signal is. Just once it would be nice to see silver in the bottom of a 10 or 12 inch hole. So far, my deepest silver (1900 Barber quarter last year ) has been 7 1/2 maybe 8 in. deep. In an old park known for tough ground but still able to dig 12 in. rusty iron in the same dirt. Oh well, not complaining, (well maybe) just thinking out loud. As far as the 6in. coil, it seems people love them or hate them. Me I find it forces you to slow down and although less ground covered it does equal more targets found. I only have 2 silver this year, both with the 6in. A 6x8 or 5x 10 would be nice but I think one of those will come with the new upgraded Equinox,whatever and whenever that may be., Probably as an added feature to entice sales. be Enjoy you videos Good luck, Mark.

Old 01-26-2021, 01:04 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by markinswpa View post
Ben congrats on the Merc and Barber 2/3rd trifecta. Almost, ha ha. Any multiple silver hunt these days make for a great hunt and you seem to be doing quite well in that dept. I see alot of members are clicking with the Equinox finding deep silver. I got mine early in 18 and for me so far my deep squeaks and the like all seem to be rusty iron of some sort. My problem is, 1 I'm technologically challenged, 2 hardheaded and 3 I can't walk away, I have to see what the signal is. Just once it would be nice to see silver in the bottom of a 10 or 12 inch hole. So far, my deepest silver (1900 Barber quarter last year ) has been 7 1/2 maybe 8 in. deep. In an old park known for tough ground but still able to dig 12 in. rusty iron in the same dirt. Oh well, not complaining, (well maybe) just thinking out loud. As far as the 6in. coil, it seems people love them or hate them. Me I find it forces you to slow down and although less ground covered it does equal more targets found. I only have 2 silver this year, both with the 6in. A 6x8 or 5x 10 would be nice but I think one of those will come with the new upgraded Equinox,whatever and whenever that may be., Probably as an added feature to entice sales. be Enjoy you videos Good luck, Mark.
I hear ya mark. The deep iffys can be tricky. I have developed a pretty good sense for what is likely a deep coin vs iron falsing. Don't get me wrong I still get tricked a lot as well. I am hoping to dive a little deeper into this topic this year on my channel. I hope to film a little more often to try and catch some of the deep iffy targets on live dig so that I can give a little more insight into what I am looking for on those types of targets.

I think many who don't like the 6 inch coil have not been lucky enough to find a shallow silver in a high trash area that they have pounded with larger coil. It only took one shallow silver quarter in an area of my local park that I had hit with at pro, etrac, and equinox standard coils and I was sold. The signal was clear as day and only 2 inches deep. There was no reason for me to miss that with all those machines other than it bring masked by trash. I have found more like that since then. These 2 dimes were perfect examples. I actually almost walked away from the barber as it was impossible to even pin point with the 6 inch coil due to trash. And I couldn't find it once I started digging. But I came back to it and tried again and finally located it. This sidewalk I specifically walked along last summer from end to end with standard coil swinging same direction as this hunt. And I did not find either dime. And I know I'm not the only one to hunt this sidewalk. So I am confident that the 6 inch coil will find coins in high trash areas that all larger coils will miss.

Thanks for watching Mark! Good luck to you as well!

Old 01-26-2021, 02:52 PM
Elite Member

Awesome and way to get an 1800's barber.

Etrac Totals since 12/27/10 (2021) - Clad: $3844.47 ($90.73), Silver Coins: 2020 (44), Indian Heads: 75 (2), Wheats: 9360 (228), .925: 344 (8), Marbles 1178 (62), Coinstar Silver: 23, Oldest Coins: 1814 Large Cent, 1860 1/4 Reale, 1854 Seated Quarter

Old 01-28-2021, 05:39 PM

Nice hunt , Congrats !

Ace 400 / Equinox 800 / Garrett Pro Pointer AT / Predator Little Eagle

Old 01-30-2021, 12:47 AM

Ordered the 6”. As soon as all this snow melts off I’ll be giving it a go.