A bit more Montana Silvers, and Indian Head Cents!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I had a chance to do a quick hunt up in the big city, so spent a few hours there on Friday and got about 22 wheat pennies, some clad, a Silver Rosie and a 1942 Merc Dime.

The following day, Saturday, I met my friend from Helena (Nox 800) and we spent a good part of the day detecting in some great weather conditions. My neck was a bit sore afterwards so will probably take it easy for at least a few days!

I did get us permission at a ca 1910 home with a large corner lot. My friend started off the finds with a nice condition 1900 Indian Head Cent, and a 1915 Buffalo Nickel. My side of the yard was producing wheat pennies and a nice 1887 Indian Head Cent, until I hit a small area near the street sidewalk that produced 3 Mercury Dimes. I did get my 4th Silver there, a 1959 Rosie, along with clad and wheaties. A couple of the wheat pennies were a bit better dates, a 1913-D and a 1915-S. My friend found the cool ca 1920's metal rotary dial finger pull from the Automatic Electric Company, first one of those I've seen detected!

We then took a break for a late lunch, and back to detecting in another area of town. This time it was my friend's time to "shine" as he pulled 5 Silvers out of a couple of yards... a Standing Liberty Quarter, Silver GW, a Merc and a couple of Silver Rosies. My yard had a whole bunch of wheat pennies and copper Memorials but no shiny. First two pics show my finds, last two pics show my friends best finds. All in all a good day for us both, thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• coinz1.jpg
    coinz1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 297
  • coinz2.jpg
    coinz2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 300
  • jason1.jpg
    jason1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 301
  • jason2.jpg
    jason2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Congratulations David, just another couple of great hunts for you. Love to see your continued success there in Missoula. Would someday like to see you hunt that house with the big yard right there at the intersection of Stephens and Florence (if you haven't already). Such a neat old house and just looks like there should be some good stuff in the ground. Still pulling for a Morgan for you someday soon also. Take care and HH.

Congratulations David, just another couple of great hunts for you. Love to see your continued success there in Missoula. Would someday like to see you hunt that house with the big yard right there at the intersection of Stephens and Florence (if you haven't already). Such a neat old house and just looks like there should be some good stuff in the ground. Still pulling for a Morgan for you someday soon also. Take care and HH.

Thanks Gale! I was right near that neighborhood on Saturday, near Stephens and Bickford in Missoula. My 4 silvers came from a house near the corner, and my friends Stander came from right near Stephens in the curb strip area by an old home. Hope all is going good for you and thanks for the response!

Good job as usual. And you can almost imagine someone paying for that drug store bill with a few of those IH's right there ! :cool:

Good job as usual. And you can almost imagine someone paying for that drug store bill with a few of those IH's right there ! :cool:

Thank you Tom! Yep.. that is a prescription from 1894, and probably just 2-3 of those dimes would pay for it. A far cry from today when some pills cost $100's of dollars each!

Great hunting David. Congrats on all of the goodies, Zootown rarely disappoints. Glad you are still mining that silver!

Thank you Metal!

Great hunting David. Congrats on all of the goodies, Zootown rarely disappoints. Glad you are still mining that silver!

Thank you Todd! Yeah, Zootown rarely disappoints so I am thankful to have a nearby place to detect like that.

Congrats on the nice hunts and the shiny silver and old coins.

Thank you Jam!

Another great report and presentation LTS, congrats!

Thanks cellrdwellr! You sure have some impressive silver totals this year!

Sounds like a great day, nice work!

Thank you milco!

The Silver is still coming for you David. Congrats o al those Merc's and Rosie's. The old Wheat's and that Indian are great recoveries also. Trapper

The Silver is still coming for you David. Congrats o al those Merc's and Rosie's. The old Wheat's and that Indian are great recoveries also. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! The shiny coins are getting kinda elusive but am happy to be at least getting some. I think Indian Head Cents are one of my favorite coins so always happy to find one!

Super sweet haul right there!:D

Thank you matmit!

Back
Top Bottom