There's Gold In Them Thar Seaweed!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I was on hunt #16 since last finding gold on February 23rd. I had a great start to the year with 6 gold until that time and the pandemic hit. After having limited success on Miami Beach recently, I decided to go somewhere different where I haven’t gone to in a while and doesn’t get hunted as much. When I arrived at the beach this morning at sunrise and saw the carpet of 3-4” sargassum seaweed on the wet sand and near shore, the idea of turning around and going back home entered my head.:no: However, I remembered that a bad day detecting is almost better than anything else. :yes: I decided to work quickly to the area I wanted to get to, and as I got closer, I saw a small area that without seaweed and was a little lower and scalloped out. Within 5 minutes and after 1-2 or 2 targets in that area, I get a scratchy 10-11 on Noxy. I scoop it, out kick the scooped wet sand and see the golden circle of perfection lying there in the sand waiting for me to pluck it! :dingding: I could not believe with how cr^ppy conditions were for me that my drought would end in the wet sand. Of my 3 hours hunting today, about half was wet sand and the other half was in the water. The silver ring was my next good target and it came from the wet sand. The silver Hamsa pendant and chain came from gridding the water near the entrance to the beach. I believe this maybe my longest drought time wise and by number of hunts for gold. Hopefully it won’t take as long for the next one!

Attachments

• 8-9-20.jpg
    8-9-20.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 687
  • 8-9-20 Jewelry.jpg
    8-9-20 Jewelry.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 691
  • 8-9-20 Fits.jpg
    8-9-20 Fits.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 681
Nice to see something other than pennies and junk.

WTG Felix!

That's a long time without gold, I know Earl had to be worried about his title....:timer:

Nice hunting Felix. Just for the Covid times, why don't we call those pennies...."Craig's"? Stay safe and healthy down there bud.......:yes:

Nice to see something other than pennies and junk.
Oh c'mon, I found this baby 2 hunts ago! I replaced the missing pin and polished her up nice and purdy for you! :p

Attachments

• 20200809_223107.jpg
    20200809_223107.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 632
That's a long time without gold, I know Earl had to be worried about his title....:timer:
:laughing:
Nice hunting Felix. Just for the Covid times, why don't we call those pennies...."Craig's"? Stay safe and healthy down there bud.......:yes:
I can't start that - I don't want a lifetime ban from Friendly! :lol:

Niceeee yellow in the seaweed. Congrats on breaking the slump! And what a beautiful dedication you gave to the moderators, very touching XD

I was on hunt #16 since last finding gold on February 23rd. I had a great start to the year with 6 gold until that time and the pandemic hit. After having limited success on Miami Beach recently, I decided to go somewhere different where I haven’t gone to in a while and doesn’t get hunted as much. When I arrived at the beach this morning at sunrise and saw the carpet of 3-4” sargassum seaweed on the wet sand and near shore, the idea of turning around and going back home entered my head.:no: However, I remembered that a bad day detecting is almost better than anything else. :yes: I decided to work quickly to the area I wanted to get to, and as I got closer, I saw a small area that without seaweed and was a little lower and scalloped out. Within 5 minutes and after 1-2 or 2 targets in that area, I get a scratchy 10-11 on Noxy. I scoop it, out kick the scooped wet sand and see the golden circle of perfection lying there in the sand waiting for me to pluck it! :dingding: I could not believe with how cr^ppy conditions were for me that my drought would end in the wet sand. Of my 3 hours hunting today, about half was wet sand and the other half was in the water. The silver ring was my next good target and it came from the wet sand. The silver Hamsa pendant and chain came from gridding the water near the entrance to the beach. I believe this maybe my longest drought time wise and by number of hunts for gold. Hopefully it won’t take as long for the next one!

Congrats!!!

Congrats on killing the skunk! Is that John Candy’s watch from planes trains and automobiles?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBN- reply

That's a long time without gold, I know Earl had to be worried about his title... :shock: Finding gold doesn't matter to me Joe, but being you -- Ring Daddy with 2 AQ S -- bought , you need to exceed your regular yearly find's by double ;) as im not in the Gold or else clan :laughing: , im in the live long stay strong clan , and don't have to worry about being shark bait in neck deep water in the CHESAPEAKE BAY, however i wish you the best bro., hope those bull sharks don't chase you out of the water like your hunting buddy , as you need to double those find's in 2020 with those expensive extra tools your using from 125 to 250 gold in 2020 , stay safe buddy , good luck , watch your back bro ., for this you tube preditor happy hunting . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wXmQUg6VRk

Back
Top Bottom