Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 07-30-2020, 11:04 AM
Elite Member

Default Double yellow after my car accident

Ahh...never a dull moment around here I'll tell ya. So July 10 im driving to a lake at 3:00 am when to shorten the story, an 18 wheeler, rig etc. whatever you wanna call it ( driven by some yo yo) decides to tailgait me for a while until I brake for speed traps. He thinks that im doing it on purpose and has the Bright idea to highbeam me for quite some time. At this point next thing i hear is his engine rev and i get hit. Spent the last 3 weeks almost with lawyers, bodyshop, insurance etc. Will be' getting compensated for everything and more. I gota Ask myself though...Whats wrong with people??? So i finally get my car back and head to 2 spots i am fond of. The first is disappointing but the 2nd gives me 2 18ks. Stay safe everyone ,HH and thanks for looking.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2020, 12:38 PM
Elite Member

I like the pix of the gold on the scale. That's a money-shot

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:42 PM
Supporter

Seems to me that drivers have been getting more and more aggressive these days. Sounds like you were uninjured though which is the important thing. Congrats on the double 18K- that ring is a real beauty!

Old 07-30-2020, 01:01 PM
Supporter

I know what you're dealing with except the gold. I was rear-ended by a 20 year old, most likely texting and driving. I hope yours works out, mine won't.

Old 07-30-2020, 01:53 PM
A Knight of the Round Coil

Sorry to hear about the car accident but congrats on some nice golds! That yo-yo pulls that sh&t here in Miami and he's liable to get shot. I'm surprised that happened to you over there. Maybe the virus has Italians extra stressed?

Old 07-30-2020, 02:11 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
I like the pix of the gold on the scale. That's a money-shot
Thank you Tom.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:17 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Compass View post
Seems to me that drivers have been getting more and more aggressive these days. Sounds like you were uninjured though which is the important thing. Congrats on the double 18K- that ring is a real beauty!
Very much so. Every time I turn the ignition I think of only driving lately. You really need to be' extra careful over here. Leaving the lawyers Office i was even not given the right of way in a roundabout. Im ok. Thanks Compass.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:19 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by MuddyMo View post
I know what you're dealing with except the gold. I was rear-ended by a 20 year old, most likely texting and driving. I hope yours works out, mine won't.
Im sorry to hear. Just terribile. Thanks friend.

Old 07-30-2020, 02:28 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by FelixtheCat View post
Sorry to hear about the car accident but congrats on some nice golds! That yo-yo pulls that sh&t here in Miami and he's liable to get shot. I'm surprised that happened to you over there. Maybe the virus has Italians extra stressed?
Thanks Felix. I bet where you are or where my parents are Toronto he would! The driver was Romanian and had a temper when talking to the cops. I dont have anything against any race or profession but geezz...

Old 07-30-2020, 06:23 PM
Supporter

Nice STELLAR gold ! But man , you are lucky you weren't pushed off some cliff or into a ravine and ended up dead. No matter how tough and right you are , there is always someone bigger and badder than you you. 3am is not good. Brake checking for whatever reason with a big rig on your tail usually doesn't end well. Had something similar happen to me years ago. Best to just pull over and let him pass. It ain't worth dealing with it. I'm sure you learned a valuable lesson...

Old 07-30-2020, 09:32 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by KOB View post
Nice STELLAR gold ! But man , you are lucky you weren't pushed off some cliff or into a ravine and ended up dead. No matter how tough and right you are , there is always someone bigger and badder than you you. 3am is not good. Brake checking for whatever reason with a big rig on your tail usually doesn't end well. Had something similar happen to me years ago. Best to just pull over and let him pass. It ain't worth dealing with it. I'm sure you learned a valuable lesson...
Thanks KOB. If it was up to me I would have him arrested for attempted murder. I have an LPG tank in the back also.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:59 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by 71DHB View post
Thanks KOB. If it was up to me I would have him arrested for attempted murder. I have an LPG tank in the back also.
At 1 point , I think we were like the drive-by shooting capital of the world. You never know who is behind the wheel and what they're thinking. Kinda funny but I have seen lots of YT videos of what happened to you. Most are from outside the U.S.

Old 07-30-2020, 10:36 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by MuddyMo View post
BTDT. She totaled my little car. Magistrate slapped her wrist and sent her home.

Old 07-31-2020, 11:16 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by georgeinsc View post
BTDT. She totaled my little car. Magistrate slapped her wrist and sent her home.
I hear you, I used to live there. Loved it except South Carolina's insurance laws are a joke. The insurance companies lent the state $ so they made insurance company friendly laws. You got screwed and the her parents probably did too but no one else.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:33 AM
Supporter

Glad you were able to find a couple of golden positives from the negative event and being able to live through it all too. Congrats!

Oldest coin: 1760 Colonial Half Penny; Oldest US coin: 1787 NJ Copper; Oldest US silver coin: 1861 Liberty Seat Dime; 2018 FTY Clad: $1,785.42: 2019 FTY Clad: $1,347.59
Most coin record amounts found on one single various of days: Quarters-165; Dimes-103; Nickels-53. 2020 FTY Silvers: 26

Old 08-01-2020, 03:04 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by JAK View post
Glad you were able to find a couple of golden positives from the negative event and being able to live through it all too. Congrats!
Thank you.

Old 08-01-2020, 06:26 PM
Elite Member

Smile

Hard to argue with Gold! Congrats!!!

Old 08-02-2020, 12:26 PM

When someone starts doing that to you, call the popo and walk them into the scene. Cops love gimmes.

And congrats on the gold!