Indians, Barber, V, And A Super Old SoCal Silver Coin!

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
I have been working from home and trying to get out when I can even if it is for a 2-3 after I am done working in the evenings.I have been trying to go to spots where people do not go to so I have spots mostly to myself.

Last Sunday was my only all day hunt and it ended up being a really good one. I found 2 indians (1892 and 1900), a 1902 V nickel, 15 wheats, a silver ring and a merc. Then I had a couple short after work hunts and found mostly wheats and a little piece of silver. Then this past Saturday, I went to a pounded spot for about 4 hours. Didn't find a lot of oldies, but what I did find was a 1902 barber dime and a 1854 Seated Liberty quarter which is now my new oldest silver coin and only my second seated quarter I have found. They are pretty rare in SoCal to find.

Hope you are all staying healthy and safe.
Jason

Attachments

• IMG_3676.jpg
    IMG_3676.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 606
  • D93C5646-EA32-463B-B3D3-B778EB98F514.jpg
    D93C5646-EA32-463B-B3D3-B778EB98F514.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_3604.jpg
    IMG_3604.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_3660.jpg
    IMG_3660.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_3637.jpg
    IMG_3637.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_3646.jpg
    IMG_3646.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 541
They are tough to find just about anywhere man, I've only found one seated quarter in the few years I've been at it, and it was the same date as the one posted here. A fantastic report, congrats!

Congrats on some amazing finds!
Thanks
1850's seated quarter...nice!
Thanks
I dream of a seated quarter - or even a stander! Nice bunch of finds !
Thank you!
I'll be here taking notes. I found about 6 of them last year. I'd like to find more.
Gotta hunt old dirt lots.
They are tough to find just about anywhere man, I've only found one seated quarter in the few years I've been at it, and it was the same date as the one posted here. A fantastic report, congrats!
Thanks buddy!

Don't tell me you got an 1854 seated quarter from an urban turfed park in the So. CA sprawl ? If so: My hat's off to you !

Gosh Jason you really are on to something good. Silver, more Indians, old Nickels, Wheat''s and Marbles. What more can a detectionist ask for well a beautiful Seated Quarter, that's all. Your game is at the top Jason, may it continue for a long, long time. Congrats my friend. Trapper

Congrats on the finds Jam!!! That seated is awesome, and you have to be the marble king!!! Blows my mind how many marbles you end up with!!! :laughing:

Great finds, congrats on that quarter
Thanks
Gosh Jason you really are on to something good. Silver, more Indians, old Nickels, Wheat''s and Marbles. What more can a detectionist ask for well a beautiful Seated Quarter, that's all. Your game is at the top Jason, may it continue for a long, long time. Congrats my friend. Trapper
Thanks buddy! Not sure I am going to be able or willing to go to some of these spots anymore for a while with the virus. Hope you are doing good.
Incredible quarter! Jam you are lucky and on 🔥.:lol:
Thanks, feeling pretty lucky lately.
That's one heck of a find Jamflicker Congrats!! The coin looks to be in great condition.
Thanks! It is in pretty good shape but does have some scratches from back in the day or just being in the ground.
Congrats on the finds Jam!!! That seated is awesome, and you have to be the marble king!!! Blows my mind how many marbles you end up with!!! :laughing:
Thanks! I enjoy hunting some of the old lots in my area especially after a good rain looking for marbles and maybe getting a few old coins.

Back
Top Bottom