• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Three Silvers and Two .925 kind of a Day

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today, I went to one of those locations that Mud would call keep your head on a swivel kind of place. This place has been on my radar screen for some time and finally got to it for the first time. I had to work fast and it was not because of the Corona thing either.

All in all, a good day with a GW, Merc, Rosie and two pieces of sterling jewelry. Plus a decent amount of clad to balance things out. And for good protection a set of diamond studded brass knuckles...lol.

These three silvers bring my fty total to 15.

Be safe and HH!

Attachments

• IMG_1983.jpg
    IMG_1983.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 324
Very nice finds!! When I’m in those type of places I’m glad I carry my pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Very nice finds!! When I’m in those type of places I’m glad I carry my pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks coin whisperer! I do have a CCW but don't always carry. Actually, I wasn't counting on being there that long, but during that time I was reviewing some of my martial arts training in my head.

Congrats on the 3 silvers, 2 pieces of sterling...and one fine hunt!

Thanks Captain Silver! It was for sure a lucky day for me.

Definitely a great day, congrats!

Thanks cellrdwellr! This day sure helped to bump up my silver count.

Congrats on scoring and surviving .

Thanks Soil Surgeon! Lol. On both accounts. I can only imagine what this location is like in summer. I probably happen to be there the best time of the year...

Coolness! Jelly I haven’t been out once this year, too busy working. When I’m not, rain!

Thanks amc rulz! I am really liking these 'closed' parks now.

A very complete day John. A risk and a reward scenario, glad it worked very well for you. Congrats on the 3 Silver Coins, the 2 pieces of sterling and a fantastic haul from the clad tree. Trapper

Holy Moley Jak! That was a whole lot of digging... Over 160 coins + other cool stuff + all the trash that's not even pictured. Are your back, knees and wrist in recovery mode today? How many hours digging to recover that huge number of targets? You are a diggin machine !!!!

Congrats on the fine hunt, and the silver JAK!!! I have an area here in the county I want to hunt, but shootings are happening way to frequently right now. The police dept. in that area are calling it the new Dodge City now.

Shock & Awe John. The shock "Whats that crazy ol man doing here in the hood ? The awe, Awe damn we let him get away. lol. Great to see something good come out of a not so good place. Congrats on the shiny and other cool finds. Looks like you might have been pushing the envelope a little as far as welcome goes with all those targets. Another nice clad haul and those knuckles are a super cool find. Please stay safe. Good luck, Mark

Thank you!

Nice saves Jak👍

Thanks metaladdict! And the best save was probably my life...lol.

A very complete day John. A risk and a reward scenario, glad it worked very well for you. Congrats on the 3 Silver Coins, the 2 pieces of sterling and a fantastic haul from the clad tree. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! If I had to do it all over again, I wished I had the 6" coil on, but too many things going on to go back to the vehicle. I know there is more there, but I just have to time it right again.

Holy Moley Jak! That was a whole lot of digging... Over 160 coins + other cool stuff + all the trash that's not even pictured. Are your back, knees and wrist in recovery mode today? How many hours digging to recover that huge number of targets? You are a diggin machine !!!!

Thanks jimther! Honestly, most of my hunts have been pretty good with the clad count this year. Actually, I really don't dig that much trash, but what still fools me are those rusted crown caps, but then again I choose to dig more of them yesterday for the possibility of finding more silvers. I found those targets non-stop in just under 3 1/2 hours. I had to be a fast digging machine. I wanted to get in and out. What works for me is that I squat and don't go down on my knees when I dig. I find it fast, safe and very efficient.

Congrats on the fine hunt, and the silver JAK!!! I have an area here in the county I want to hunt, but shootings are happening way to frequently right now. The police dept. in that area are calling it the new Dodge City now.

Thanks Lil Worm6! This location was outside of my county too. I was not sure if I would be able to enter the enclosed park, but I found a gate that was missing. Early in the morning is probably best for these locations. As you know too, know there is plenty of good treasure in these spots.

What a mixed bag! The bling knuckle studs are a trophy find from Mean street! Nice haul on the clad and silvers too! :wow:

Thanks Foragist! I was thinking about wearing those knuckles when I was there..lol. But actually, for me to find three silvers in on day is rare. As of late, I been finding all kinds of crazy treasures.

Thank you!

Shock & Awe John. The shock "Whats that crazy ol man doing here in the hood ? The awe, Awe damn we let him get away. lol. Great to see something good come out of a not so good place. Congrats on the shiny and other cool finds. Looks like you might have been pushing the envelope a little as far as welcome goes with all those targets. Another nice clad haul and those knuckles are a super cool find. Please stay safe. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark! Actually it wasn't too bad. I was working the far spots first using their blind line-of-sights with the trees and etc. I knew the even better spots there were just too close for comfort for me so I let them pass. I found more broken glass bottles in the ground that I thought I should start a glass recycling business. Overall, it was a good day. But what troubles me most is, I still have not found any gold this year!

Nice finds JAK! Reminds me of a time when I was bottle digging back east... certain neighborhoods from the 1850's we went into about 8 am and made certain we were out of there by about 3 pm when school got out and all the late sleepers were getting up and about.

Very nice hunt. Sucks that theres still places that you have to worry about getting mugged while metal detecting of all things.... the world we live in I suppose.. the wife and I both usually carry so i guess that helps lol. 15 silvers FTY is a great start! We're only up to 3 lol!

Back
Top Bottom