Civil War Identification Book

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
Vlad and I have a Civil War Collector Price Guide. We won it at a MD Club Christmas Party.

It doesn't have very many pictures in it, but I went ahead and took some photos, just in case it may help someone ID there finds.

Of course the book is pretty thick, so I can't take pictures of every page. And we're not particularly Civil War buffs, so if you have questions, we won't be able to answer them.

But maybe someone here will find this information useful. :D

Here's the cover of the book.

civilwarcollector.jpg

Here are some links to some inside pages.

artillary-cannon-balls
artillary-cannon-balls-info
artillary-cannon-info

artillary-cannon-sabots
artillary-cannon-sabots2

artillary-cannon-shells
artillary-equipment

bayonets-swords
beltbuckles
beltplates
beltplates-buckles
beltplates-frame
beltplates-sword

bottles-civilwar
bottles-cw-medicine
bottles-info

bullets-cartridges
bullets-civilwar
bullets-civilwar2
bullets-molds

buttons-civilwar
buttons-coat
buttons-confederate
buttons-confederate-cavalry
buttons-cs-us
buttons-militaryschool
buttons-stateseals
buttons-stateseals2
buttons-stateseals3
buttons-union

civilwar-canteen
civilwar-canteens
civilwarcollectoritems
civilwar-jewelry
civilwar-jewelry2
civilwar-jewelry3

fuses
priming-wires
spurs-civilwar

Thanks for posting the pics. About 99% of my detecting is for civil war relics so I'm always happy to see civil war related info on the site. If you ever want to get rid of that book... ;)

Rob

Great Post

Wonderful post! Anything in there about MD Oval cartridge box plates? I saw some surrounding states and US but not MD...

Hi Carol,
thank you for your posting. It was a good idea to share
this book with us.
I was a long time away from this forum ,but now I'm back
and I would like to post a 1865 CW Book very special in
german language written with many illustrations !
Kind Regards,
Miguel

I'm thinking you are violating the book publishers copyrights by taking photos of this book and sharing them. That is of course unless you have permission from the publisher to do this. Just an FYI.

For anyone interested, Warman's Civil War Collectibles Identification and Price Guide is now out in the 3rd edition, in full color. Check Amazon or Barnes and Noble for price.
Also, as I worked in the book binding trade for 27 years and have bought, sold, traded books for about 40 years, YES, you may be in copyright violation for posting pics from said books, this one or otherwise.

I need to get one of those books. I do come across CW relics, here in the town of Chattanooga,TN.

Those are produced by North South Trader magazine. They are currently up to the 12th addition of the guide and the price is up to about 40 bucks.

I used to have some NST price guide years ago... good to see that they are still around...

Back
Top Bottom