The Jurassic coast. (England)

Doug

Elite Member
I had a pleasant afternoon on the beach which makes a change from my 'muddy' fields searching.

Equinox 600 used.

Thanks for looking....Doug.

Part of the cliff face washed out.
Bq9mEyl.jpg

Would ruin your day if this lot fell on you!
eM036wl.jpg

Coin jammed down in the rocks.
YBBOcLg.jpg

TqcbSvk.jpg

pMhgLuh.jpg

Fishing lead 'grip' weight.
FhCFOkC.jpg

Hammer used for fossil hunting?
DmaUw4x.jpg

That should be in the Mountain Hunting & Cliffs section of the forum not here. :hammerin:

That looks more like Mars, cool how a lot got pushed in and stayed.

Many thanks for your views and comments.

Day 2, now on the north coast.

A few modern coins and quite a few lead bullets.

"There was a small port here by 1380, referred to as the Haven, which had a small jetty.

This Haven had become a port of considerable importance by the end of the fourteenth century and large vessels traded to/from here to various destinations including across to France.

However the Haven started to silt up and become clogged with pebbles, so a harbour wall was constructed in a new location (where the current one is) at the end of the sixteenth century."

6ipFxBo.jpg

Submarine forest visible at low tide, which really is a petrified forest, dating from some 6000 years ago, before melting ice from the last Ice Age caused sea levels to rise and shift the shoreline inland.

RxjrCxH.jpg

Petrified tree.
t0Df003.jpg

Not quite sure how old this part of a boat is?
LJD0SRO.jpg

Doug that's crazy cool! If that old boat gunnel or whatever part of a boat was here it would be surrounded by an iron fence, flood lights and filled with Yale scientist wanna be's holding tooth brushes and trying to look like Harrison Ford!

Once again thank you.

Day 3.

Change of location, major swimming and surfing beach on the north coast.

Using my detecting friends Whites TDI Beach Hunter.

p5AUjnI.jpg

nLcHhI4.jpg

GU1SvtC.jpg

This is from a previous session couple of weeks ago.
uGqpKQ8.jpg

This is a platinum 950 ring which my friend found today using an Eric Foster Goldscan PI machine. (22 year old machine)
qigl9WW.jpg

With the history that you have there I think that boat might be part of Noah's ark. :roll: Nice pictures and finds- must be a great place to hunt- congrats! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom