Silver and old...

DoctorWhy

With hunting season is in high-gear I didn't want to become a 'target' when metal detecting for 'targets' so I wore lots of bright orange and stayed in the open, in plain sight, in the middle of a large mowed field surrounding a friend's mid-1800s home. I was rewarded after taking all these precautions: a 1920 'Walker' half dollar, two 'Mercs', an 1890 IHP, and several 100+ year old Lincolns.

One of my most productive hunts -- ever!

Happy Hunting,
--Bert

Attachments

• Coins_Greene_11-2019_sm.jpg
    Coins_Greene_11-2019_sm.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 508
Wow, nice hunt, congrats on the old silver, Ihp, and a nice assortment of old wheats. If I get one coin over a hundred years old I'm satisfied. You got 5, that's awesome. The Walker is in beautiful condition, I've only dug one Walker and it was 1920 D and nowhere near as nice as yours. You should hit that place again. Good luck Mark

Bert, there is clearly staining from a coin on the walker, looks like copper staining from a penny. Did you recover it by chance? A small pocket spill perhaps? Great hunt, congrats!

Bert, there is clearly staining from a coin on the walker, looks like copper staining from a penny. Did you recover it by chance? A small pocket spill perhaps? Great hunt, congrats!

Hi cellrdwellr,

Good 'eyeball' on that staining on the 'Walker'! Yes, one of the pennies, shown to the right side of the image was right on top!

--Bert

Certainly a great hunting day for sure.:yes: Great job with the presentation of the finds. Think I would keep hitting that field HARD !! Certainly worth the risk, even in hunting season. Best of luck on the next hunt !!

Back
Top Bottom