Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Coinshooters and Relic Hunters

Notices

Old 11-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Elite Member

Default 157 Coins And A Heavy Sterling Charm Bracelet

On Saturday morning after work I hunted a soccer field and on Sunday and Monday, Sue and I hunted a site where an old school built in 1923 is located. The old school is still standing but right along side of it a new school was built which most likely covers a lot of the original playground. The oldest things we dug were a pair of common date Wheat cents (yawn) but the clad total for the three days of hunting totaled 26 pennies, 5 nickels, 57 dimes, and 69 quarters for a total of 157 coins worth $23.46. Additionally, I dug a heavy sterling silver charm bracelet. The heart shaped charm has an old fashioned looking initial "A" on it. We dug a few oddball pieces of "treasure" and the ring with the pink stone (NOT silver) was an eyeball find laying on top of the grass.
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Elite Member

Outstanding number of coins over a few days, wow!

Old 11-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Elite Member

You two are like a well oiled machine ! Great job and what a partner to have at your side. Congratulations 👍👍👍👍

Old 11-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Supporter

Smile

It looks like you killed it again !! Congrats to you and Sue. I had a good hunt myself yesterday. I hit a new football stadium that I had never detected. The grass area near the concession stand was only about 60 X 40 yards but it produced $18.85 in clads. The rest of this stadium is either macadam of artificial turf. GL & HH.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Elite Member

More very fine hunting Ed for you and Sue. Congrats on yet another very nice clad haul along with some chunky Sterling. Hope you weather allows you continued digging. Mother Nature here is not being very kind to us upper Midwest detectors. Trapper

Old 11-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by diggin4clad View post
On Saturday morning after work I hunted a soccer field and on Sunday and Monday, Sue and I hunted a site where an old school built in 1923 is located. The old school is still standing but right along side of it a new school was built which most likely covers a lot of the original playground. The oldest things we dug were a pair of common date Wheat cents (yawn) but the clad total for the three days of hunting totaled 26 pennies, 5 nickels, 57 dimes, and 69 quarters for a total of 157 coins worth $23.46. Additionally, I dug a heavy sterling silver charm bracelet. The heart shaped charm has an old fashioned looking initial "A" on it. We dug a few oddball pieces of "treasure" and the ring with the pink stone (NOT silver) was an eyeball find laying on top of the grass.
That's some SWEET silver! Would love to find a piece like that! awesome!

Old 11-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by zeemang View post
Outstanding number of coins over a few days, wow!
Thanks Zee....

Originally Posted by yooper69 View post
You two are like a well oiled machine ! Great job and what a partner to have at your side. Congratulations 👍👍👍👍
Thanks Yooper......we have fun detecting together and I'm fortunate that Sue loves detecting as much as I do.

Originally Posted by bubbaron View post
It looks like you killed it again !! Congrats to you and Sue. I had a good hunt myself yesterday. I hit a new football stadium that I had never detected. The grass area near the concession stand was only about 60 X 40 yards but it produced $18.85 in clads. The rest of this stadium is either macadam of artificial turf. GL & HH.
Thanks Ron....you had a nice hunt too. Concession stands are usually a good area for a lot of coins.

Originally Posted by jack&jill View post
More very fine hunting Ed for you and Sue. Congrats on yet another very nice clad haul along with some chunky Sterling. Hope you weather allows you continued digging. Mother Nature here is not being very kind to us upper Midwest detectors. Trapper
Thanks Trapper......it's supposed to be a lot colder than normal for the next few days so I'm hoping the ground doesn't freeze. Normally I'd have another 3-4 weeks to hunt before the season is over.

Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View post
That's some SWEET silver! Would love to find a piece like that! awesome!
Thanks Skippy...….the bracelet weighs in at 39.56 grams....just about one and a quarter Troy ounces. Currently about $20 melt.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:11 AM
Supporter

You get an "A" for this...literally.
I've seen a lot of "ring and bar" toggle clasps, but never a big, chunky one quite like that! Your precious metal buying power just got better, too!

Old 11-13-2019, 12:37 AM
Elite Member

Moe money , moe money and moe money...………..Huge Congrats !

Old 11-13-2019, 06:09 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Foragist View post
You get an "A" for this...literally.
I've seen a lot of "ring and bar" toggle clasps, but never a big, chunky one quite like that! Your precious metal buying power just got better, too!
Thanks Foragist….

Originally Posted by Soil Surgeon View post
Moe money , moe money and moe money...………..Huge Congrats !
Thank you Soil Surgeon.....

Old 11-14-2019, 08:33 PM

Well done!