Back after 2 Month Hiatus with a 9 silver day!

spenglure

Elite Member
Hey everyone. Getting out detecting has been hard to do lately. Spending more time with family, going fishing, etc. Well, after a 2 + month hiatus from detecting this summer (it was brutal, BTW), I got a call from my buddy and we decided to hit a site with good potential. I took a half day off work and we headed out. I would say for the # hours effort this was an extremely good day! Ended the day with 9 silvers, tying my record for most silvers in a day, which ironically also came this year! I also found three Indians, 22 wheats, a buffalo nickel, one Canada penny from the 50s and loads of clad (not pictured). Anyway, I've been lucky enough to have two nine silver hunts in one year, with limited hunting time! Although my hunts have been few and far between, my outings have been productive. The Teknetics T2 doesn't get much mention around here these days, but it's legit.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 275
  • barber.jpg
    barber.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 271
  • merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 269
Penny trifecta, dime trifecta. 9 silvers? I'd break out the good bourbon while cleaning those up.

Oh, what kind of site was it? Park? Private residence? Fairground?

Nice to see someone swinging T2, really enjoyed mine. Great silver/copper haul congrats.

Penny trifecta, dime trifecta. 9 silvers? I'd break out the good bourbon while cleaning those up.

Oh, what kind of site was it? Park? Private residence? Fairground?

I know still can’t believe I hit 9 silvers. Me from three years ago would never have believed a 9 silver day - figured those days were long gone.

These were all found along a tear out.

Nice to see someone swinging T2, really enjoyed mine. Great silver/copper haul congrats.

Thanks Beaker! Yeah I’m impressed by the T2. How do you think the Equinox 800 compares? Do you think it finds more or deeper coins? Would love to know your opinion.

Congratulations...and I hate you! :lol::lol: Sheesh...you’ve got more silvers in those 2 hunts than I’ve bagged all year in countless hours on innumerable hunts! Seriously though - great hunting and just as importantly, excellent job choosing tremendous locations!

Thanks Beaker! Yeah I’m impressed by the T2. How do you think the Equinox 800 compares? Do you think it finds more or deeper coins? Would love to know your opinion.

Been years since I swung it, sold to a member here but depth and discrimination were pretty good with T2. If I remember correct seemed to find buffalo nickels especially deep.

For me quietness of Equinox is best quality in areas that T2 or F75 would drive me batty and miss slight signals.

Been years since I swung it, sold to a member here but depth and discrimination were pretty good with T2. If I remember correct seemed to find buffalo nickels especially deep.

For me quietness of Equinox is best quality in areas that T2 or F75 would drive me batty and miss slight signals.

Must have been a pretty old T2. I heard the old ones chattered a lot. One I have is 3 years old and it hardly ever chatters. It’s treated me well, that’s for sure!

Congratulations...and I hate you! :lol::lol: Sheesh...you’ve got more silvers in those 2 hunts than I’ve bagged all year in countless hours on innumerable hunts! Seriously though - great hunting and just as importantly, excellent job choosing tremendous locations!

Haha, thanks! Yep location was key here. Definitely the reason for solid outings in my area!

Congrats ! I'd love to get a haul like that. Sounds like you need to hit that area again.

I would, but the tear out has been covered and work is complete on the project. It was just an awesome 1-day deal.

Back
Top Bottom