Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 05-24-2019, 09:34 PM
Freshwater Shark

Default Today's Score : Scuba 5 Water 0

A gentleman on Facebook was trying to find me and a lot of folks gave him my information. He dropped his keys in a marina on the Clinton river. We agreed to meet up at 4pm today. So what to do for 4 hours?

How about clean and launch my Sea Ray at Jewel Island. Sounded good to me so headed down to my marina. On North River road I get a call!! A gentleman in Bele Maer dropped his keys off his boat! I told him I was 5 minutes away. Got there and not only did he need his keys found, he lost a boat hook off the back last year and a screen to a small port hole window sometime also. The screen was a small challenge but the keys and the boat hook were easy.

So I go launch my boat and get all set for the next job. That was another easy one. Didn't even have to take a breath on my tank.

So I get back to Port Huron and get on Facebook. I got a message! A phone at Metro Beach marina. Little girl fishing accidentally dropped it in. Told them I would get back in my truck and head right down. And besides finding the phone I met a lot of wonderful folks that know me and follow me!

I knew folks followed my posts. I had NO idea there were that many. I love happy customers that believe in what I do. I know folks need stuff and I am glad to recover it.

Now my Sea Ray is in it's well and my Chaparral is in my driveway. Both ready for adventure. Tomorrow morning I go look for a wedding ring hiding under a boat in a marina and a few other things. Wish me luck!

My Chaparral has a slight problem though. At 52mph on the water it EATS 23 gallons of gas an hour! Might need to set up a gofundme page!

Last edited by ScubaDetector; 05-24-2019 at 10:05 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:44 PM
Supporter

Word of mouth travels fast! What a great hobby this is.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:28 PM

Enjoyed reading about your adventures today.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:42 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View post

My Chaparral has a slight problem though. At 52mph on the water it EATS 23 gallons of gas an hour! Might need to set up a gofundme page!
Good grief, man. Is that normal? What are you running, 6 2-stroke outboards with only one blade on each prop?

WHOA.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:02 PM
Freshwater Shark

Originally Posted by Skippy SH13 View post
Good grief, man. Is that normal? What are you running, 6 2-stroke outboards with only one blade on each prop?

WHOA.
Yes normal. a 5.7 Volvo Penta 300hp engine with a duo prop outdrive. It is a 24' boat that goes almost 55 and holds 14 people.

Old 05-25-2019, 06:47 AM
24K Larry

A boat is a hole in the water in which you lose stuff and Scuba finds it!

Old 05-25-2019, 07:27 AM
Supporter

Awesome saves and it's so awesome that you have such a great following. Love the smile!

Old 05-25-2019, 12:41 PM

You are the best brother. Love hearing those stories.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:49 PM
Elite Member

Someone, years from now, will assemble all these exploits in a book, and make $1,000,000 in book sales. Oh ... wait ... we can just click on it and read here. Bummer than you were born 30 yrs. too late to make a book. haha. There's always TV docu-drama rights !

Good job as usual. Scuba-detector to the rescue as always.

I'm sure there's scuba people employing their skills with cross-over md'ing skills elsewhere in the world. But no where have we seen it played out in great reads like here . Good job !

Old 05-25-2019, 03:34 PM
24K Larry

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
Someone, years from now, will assemble all these exploits in a book, and make $1,000,000 in book sales. Oh ... wait ... we can just click on it and read here. Bummer than you were born 30 yrs. too late to make a book. haha. There's always TV docu-drama rights !

Good job as usual. Scuba-detector to the rescue as always.

I'm sure there's scuba people employing their skills with cross-over md'ing skills elsewhere in the world. But no where have we seen it played out in great reads like here . Good job !
Yeah when Scuba was younger, Kindle fire meant chopping fire wood

Old 05-25-2019, 05:54 PM
Supporter

Nice 'Superhero Subsurface Work' there ScubaDee! Underwater retrievals is where Mouthbreathers Rule!

I wonder what kind of MPG the batmobile gets? 23 GPH is a bit harsh to finance....thats @$70 per hour dumping over the side. And thats at gas station pump prices let alone Marina....

Maybe get yourself a sweet Panga with some twin 4 strokes, or a custom jet ski dive/detecting rig for fast short runs?

A friggin cool 30' center consul Panga with a Bimini top pushed by Merc or Honda four strokes for your annual Jobby Nooner run would be one unique and sweet rig! My next boat will be panga style with twin 4's and a bimini top...Probably 26' ish with twin 25hp 4s.... full throttle, probably in the lower 30's and burning 3gph if!...

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 05-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by itsaring! View post
Yeah when Scuba was younger, Kindle fire meant chopping fire wood
Yeah Kindle is the last hope anyone has of making $$ of their writings. So if scuba-detector throws in some skeletons, poison darts, cryptograms, and conspiracies to his exploits: Perhaps he could make some $$ on Kindle ? He'd have to hire Mud-puppy as his editor though

Old 05-25-2019, 08:04 PM
Supporter

Enjoyed the write up, cool way to spend some time!

Old 05-25-2019, 09:05 PM
Elite Member

awesome job robert WTG!!!!!

best finds to date - 1821 capped bust dime ,1853 seated quarter, (2) 1891 seated dimes, 1874 seated dime, 1887 seated dime love token , 1777 half reale ,1805 drapped bust largie, 1914 barber half dollar,1812 classic head largie, 1864 2 cent piece,(1909 barber half dollar with a 1934 walker half dollar in the same hole together)1952 ben franklin half dollar

Old 05-25-2019, 10:00 PM
Supporter

I knew your reputation was spreading! I don't remember if you mentioned handing out "business" cards. I'm guessing you do. If not, you should.
Anyway, fine work! ...and don't let the History channel talk you into making a show. They'll ruin it for ya.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:50 AM
OldCherryPicker

Great work Scuba, Some amazing saves!

Old 05-26-2019, 03:54 PM
Elite Member

Nice catches man, you re busy! Sounds like your Chaparral is a thirsty beast, jeezzz 2mpg!

Old 05-26-2019, 05:29 PM
Supporter

Congrats on more successful recoveries, looks like your in for a busy season!