* Changed My Mind *

meggie

Elite Member
Over the Easter break, I did three beach hunts, resulting in a total of $3.30 and a few miserable sinkers.
So I decided to give it a rest for at least a week.
Well, today the weather was so nice .. so I changed my mind & off I went again!

I found a reasonable low patch mid-tide which produced the usual rubbish but I did score a few pre-decimals coins.
The big surprise though was this 585 (14kt) dress ring with Rubies & diamond chips .. don't see many 14k in my part of the world!

So I'm glad now I persevered and ventured out again .. gotta put the hours in!
This year so far I have had close to 60 beach hunts,with well over 200 hours of digging!

Attachments

• IMG_1400.jpg
    IMG_1400.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 818
  • IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_1400a.jpg
    IMG_1400a.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_1404.jpg
    IMG_1404.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 788
That would have made my day! Congrats!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

:dingding: I have found many a ring on unexpected outings as well. The more you go out the more you increase your chances. Lovely ring there!

Love rubies! Congrats on the 14k and perseverance! So true about having to put in the time!

Right now my knees hurt so bad I have to take a few days off after one hunt :( I miss going daily so much! Yesterday Larry was detecting behind me and off to the side and saw something I didn't realize, that my shoes were wearing out and my ankles were turning in each step. So I'm going to get some new shoes and some inserts to help with support and that hopefully will fix it :)

Now that is a ring even MY wife would welcome! What a great find! Today I found a faker - 1 ct almost diamond ring, except the diamonds were fake and the metal trash...I like yours a lot lot better!

Back
Top Bottom