I Finally Got My First Seated Half Dollar After 8 Years Detecting! :)

HistoryFinder89

Elite Member
Hey folks, these are my finds from digging over the weekend. The site? A heavily hunted park that has documented history going back to the 1870's. One of the few parks in my region that are old enough to produce a Seated. And I dug two. An 1877 dime, and my first Seated Half ever, an 1876. I have dug a few thousand silver coins since I started around 8 years ago, and a Seated half wasn't one of them until now. I have dug Barber half dollars, Morgan dollars, Seated quarters, dimes, half dimes, you name it. A very elusive coin in my area for some reason. The Seated Half had a nice old rusty big square nail next to it, which probably explains why it wasn't dug before. Thanks E-Trac! Thanks for looking and HH Everyone :)!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 627
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 630
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 627
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 626
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 642
Well done on finally finding a seated half! That is a big bucket lister for many of us. Your other finds are quite nice as well. Proof that the Etrac is still a beast and is far from being obsolete. Congrats!

Congrats on joining the seated half club! I have a few coins that I’ve never dug, but the half kinda eases those pains :grin:

8 years to find a Seated Half, that's tough man....

I've been detecting since 1995 and have one Seated Quarter and zero halfs, and I live in New England!

Huge Congrats on that one, it's a bucket list find for sure, enjoy it!

Some super digging Ron. Congrats on all the Silver and all the rest. The Seated Half Dollar is a exceptional recovery and not a easy coin to dig anywhere. It is neat that after so much time in this hobby we can still add a bucketlister that excites us. Trapper

Thays a sweet one right there! Ya got a pic of those few thousand silvers? That would be something to see! And an accomplishment that is basically unheard of!
That would be 375 a year...

Amazing seated half!:wow: What a "career" you have been having sir! Seated ANYTHING out here is practically unheard of, a unicorn if you will.

Wonderful finds! I am a weekend hunter for the most part as well and your haul in silver is very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom