Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   TreasureMntDetectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 02-24-2009, 07:36 AM

Thumbs up c scope r1 advice

i am hoping someone can give me some advice or user expierience on the c scope R1 i am thinking of getting this machine and would like to hear of other users comments good or bad

Old 02-24-2009, 10:18 AM

Hi Doups,
I have a C Scope R1 and use it at alot of beaches. Its a very underrated machine really and has alot of features for the money. Its got ground adjust, pinpoint, analogue or digital signal mode, a radar graph that help identify the size of finds. It also has a handy ID scale that registers from 1 - 20 and is normally quite accurate giving you a good indication of what something is before you dig it. Overall i find it really good to use at the beach in the dry sand. But in the wet it struggles to cope and you have to reduce sensitivity as a comprimise but as you know i've now bought a 4pi for this work so it isnt an issue anymore. Depth from the R1 is still very good in dry sand and i have often got 5ps and 1p coins at 6-8 inches. But most of all the guys at C Scope offer great customer service. They re-installed the software and serviced my machine free of charge even though it was out warranty which i think is amazing. Let me now what you decide!
Regards
Stephen