1 Basketball Court = $31.41 in Clad !

arw40

Forum Supporter
I set out this morning in the rain with the intentions of hitting a few schools. I arrived at the first, took a look around and of course there wasnt a soul in sight. I glanced to the far side of the field and saw the basketball courts and got to thinking of a forum member here that use to make out like a bandit just working basketball court areas. Off I went and spent 5 hrs just working the grass areas around 2 side by side courts working slow as can be.. It was nonstop action from the start. I took in a total of $31.41 in clad just from around the courts ! There was $24.25 in quarters, $5.50 in dimes, $1.25 in nickels & .41 in pennies. I ended up leaving a lot in penny and dime signals in the ground still as my back was killing me. Not pictured is all the junk also which there was plenty of. I also found a junk bling earring and found around a 35" chain which I thought was silver til I gave it a look over and its nothing but a junker....It`s unreal how much one can find when you slow down to a crawl and separate those signals. Its nothing but clad but I`ll take it and it`s $31.41 more toward paying off the NOX...Hope all had a good day ! :grin:

Attachments

• DSCN0574.jpg
    DSCN0574.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 469
  • DSCN0575.jpg
    DSCN0575.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 417
  • DSCN0576.jpg
    DSCN0576.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 423
WOW. That is a tremendous pile of clad. If I find five to ten bucks in a day of cladding I am ecstatic.

Yes Sir, that is a certifiable haul! The perimeter of outdoor basketball courts is ALWAYS loaded. Excellent work. Congrats.

I would have to make a few trips back to the truck for a load like that . 👍
That's a massive amount of recoveries.
And deep knee bends .
, Dew

Wow!!! I'd keep hunting that place. Plenty of jewelry around that court too, now that you've got those pesky quarters out of the way.

BCD

Monster Clad Grab there! Congratulations on a stellar performance!

On the way home from beach sweeping, I stopped and worked the edges of a BB court this am..I noticed on the way past they moved the aluminum bleacher sections so they could mow under them....Nice and slow like you said...nothing of note like the haul you got there! Did get a wheat penny though, at about 2"...

Clad like the numbers you are pulling adds up fast! Impressed with how quickly to took to the NOX...also with yours and its Clad Hammering ability!

That's MEGA CLAD right there! From just the basketball courts area? Nice! That indicates a lot of activity, and no other detectors.
BufordCityDawg has a good point. Now that those Q's are out of the way, finding the rest of the jewelry would be a good little project. :yes:

Plenty of times I hunted these things and found tons of clad and plenty of trash.
It sometimes takes a few trips but eventually once you get lots of those other signals out of the way the jewelry will start to show up...and I have found a ton of silver and gold around them.
Usually I dig all the good signals but I also dig as much trash as I can stand because severe masking is the challenge at these places.
This is why I hunt these things over and over, on a few it took 5-6 trips or more before the precious metals start to show up but it can happen sooner than that.

This is like a virgin site, keep hunting it for sure.

Plenty of times I hunted these things and found tons of clad and plenty of trash.
It sometimes takes a few trips but eventually once you get lots of those other signals out of the way the jewelry will start to show up...and I have found a ton of silver and gold around them.
Usually I dig all the good signals but I also dig as much trash as I can stand because severe masking is the challenge at these places.
This is why I hunt these things over and over, on a few it took 5-6 trips or more before the precious metals start to show up but it can happen sooner than that.

This is like a virgin site, keep hunting it for sure.

Thanks Digger. It is your posts from a few years ago about going around these courts that I was referring to. I had been to this court a little over a year ago but never slowed down and gave it so much attention ( 5 hrs ). In that time I did get rid of a lot of clad and garbage. Because this court is in the back area of a middle school im more inclined to think this is more of a clad mine. Im sure it gets used by older adults on occasion but I think its bulk use is by school kids. I will go back again to give it another good going over...thanks for the info...HH !

Back
Top Bottom