When the Church is no longer Messing Around

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
Found an Interesting Catholic Medal today..
For size comparisons it is the size of a Nickel.

On One side is square multi colored stone surrounded by stones and the Other side is the backside of a St. Benedict Medal.

Ok Interesting enough but doing research on this I found the Saint Benedict Medal is considered one of the most powerful medals of all and.. well..

Surrounding the back of the medal are the letters V R S N S M V - S M Q L I V B which refer to the prayer of the Rite of Exorcism:

Vade retro Satana! Nunquam suade mihi vana!
Sunt mala quae libas. Ipse venena bibas!
("Begone Satan! Never tempt me with your vanities!
What you offer me is evil. Drink the poison yourself!")

Finally, at the top is the word PAX which means "peace."

Think I am going to Keep this one.. Hang it from my Rear View Mirror..

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/asta...l-when-the-church-is-no-longer-messing-around

Attachments

• Benedict Front.jpg
    Benedict Front.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 492
  • Benedict Back.jpg
    Benedict Back.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 484
WOW, I thought those were disposable, thrown away after one exorcism. Once the evil is sucked up into the pendants, they are buried. :shock:

Beautiful Saint Benedict medal probably on a necklace, bracelet, or keychain. Looks like a really nice one and some can be pretty expensive.

According to the Order of St. Benedict, “The medal is a prayer of exorcism against Satan, a prayer for strength in time of temptation, a prayer for peace among ourselves and among the nations of the world, a prayer that the Cross of Christ be our light and guide, a prayer of firm rejection of all that is evil, a prayer of petition that we may with Christian courage ‘walk in God’s ways, with the Gospel as our guide,’ as St. Benedict urges us.”

Pretty cool!

Congrats, and thanks for sharing..

I've found one of those too, never knew what all the letters meant until now..

<°)))>{

Interesting find. If I found it I would be so creeped out that I would probably put it back in the hole in case there is evil in it.

That is a fairly unusual medal. I've never seen that one. I wear St. Jude; patron saint of impossible causes. My wife said it was appropriate for me.

The front is beautiful and does not reflect the writing on the back (seems to me). But the writing in of itself...... kinda gives me the heebie jeebies. If I had dug this, I most likely would turn it in to a catholic priest. That's just me.

Back
Top Bottom