Turtle, Turtle!

MrNovice

Forum Supporter

Took my youngest out this morning to a elem school totlot, poor guy has bad allergies so we didn’t stay long but I wanted to get him out of the house (and play with my toy). This particular playground has unusually bad EMI, resulting in only being able to use about 1/3-1/2 sens at most on my other detectors, so I know there is deeper stuff there. Took the EQ 800 out there, stabilized in multi at 18 out of 25 sens (could have ran 19 but very heavy chatter). I usually run 22 which is pretty hot, so 18 is not bad at all.

Was able to sweep around the equipment really good without needing to lower sens since the separation on the EQ is so great, was still getting somewhat combined VDI numbers against poles but definitely distinct target responses even when just a few inches away. This detector is surprising and even though it gives very much info, very fast...I still don’t feel as confident with identification using this unit as with my AT Pro. It doesn’t seem to be as decisive as the Pro (which can be good and bad) as more info keeps coming and being constantly adjusted...where as I feel the AT Pro would just call it and be either right or wrong, the EQ just seems to leave doubt and always giving me a “maybe” lingering type feeling. Except on foil, it pings the tiniest bits of foil left and right and it’s easy to tell by the speed of the response it is scrap junk and not something “solid”.

Anyways, back to the finds and the Turtle...rang up a solid 14/15 on the EQ...like I said, it seems to have trouble deciding...

It fits!!!

Hollowed out head which moves, along with the feet and tail which move also. Someone put some detail into this ring.

14k and makers mark, although I can’t make out what it is...

And weird penny someone filed down somehow, edges and raised features flat as a pancake...

Not sure what that’s all about, but pretty unique. Thanks for looking and HH!

The oval superimposed on a diamond shape is baffling... BUT with Italian marks, there is an oval with a number (925) (800) et cetera, followed by a diamond with a three letter designation {mil} {rom} {nap) which indicates the city such as Milan, Roma, Napoli, et cetera. Your turtle ring could be Italian in make.
But the burning question remains...
ARE YOU A TURTLE?!
Sage(You bet your sweet asterisk I am!!)Grouse

Appreciate it, gentlemen! Yeah, unfortunately that makers mark is screwed. Not sure what it was supposed to be, the ring is design is pretty unique though and hopefully shouldn’t be too hard to find if posted on the net somewhere.

Tried to straighten the junker ring out from above also, it wasn’t having it...

:dingding: Congrats on getting a ring that fits! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom