Fisher F5

Kris in WA

I have been reading reviews and i really like what i read about the F5. i just want to know if anyone here on the forum has had any experience with this machine. to me it looks like a good upgrade from my Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. anyways, i was also wondering if i made an order through Kellyco, would they possibly upgrade the headphones and pinpointer that are included for an additional fee? Maybe one of our Kellyco members might be able to help with this. im gonna be getting my tax return within a week or two and i really think this is the machine i want.

The F5 has a lot of features for the money. It is a great all around detector that is not too hard to use. if you need more help with the operation of it please let me know.

I would ask others to chime in but if I was looking at $ 500 for the F-5, I would look hard at the F-70 at $ 650. I have not used either, but I have read all I can find since they came out and the F-70 sure "sounds" good.
Maybe someone on the forum has used both and can say if the extra $150 is worth it.

i have concidered the f70, but i think i like the interface of the F5 better. from all of the reviews i have read, the F5 with its knobs strategically placed, making adjustments to your detector on the fly is alot easier than scrolling through menus. I have checked out the Kellyco web site and checked out the difference between the F5 and the F70. i really dont see a huge difference. does anyone know what makes the F70 worth $150 more than the F5?

I saw somewhere that Fisher F70 not as deep as Fisher F75.

The Fisher F2s, F4s are reported to be fairly deep little critters and the F5 should do as well and as a very well laid out control and graphic setup

Hi Kris, I have only used the F75 and F2 but I have watched the F5 film by Bill Ladd and I like the way the digital display is organized on the F5. For my own preference I would want the F5. But I have not actually used it. Go to Youtube and search for F5 and watch the video of it. There maybe a video of the F70 also. If I can help you with the purchase of the Fisher of your choice just email me Kris. Good hunting and be safe. Thank you.

John T.
John's Detectors

I got the f5 a few weeks ago. I have only hunted with it a few times{that work thing keeps getting in the way}but I really like it so far. Very easy to learn, great price for what you get. And they now have come out with two new DD coils, a 5.75 & 11.

RIP... have you tried the F5 in dry and or wet sand? The spec says that the ground balance will work all the way upto SALT. Does that mean its possible to use this on the beach? If so is the coil submersible? I am not talking about 2-3 feet of water but rather 1-3 inches.

Thanks!

Prof

I purchased my MD at Kellyco and found them to be very helpful and accomodating.I'm sure they will work with you on customizing your order. Although I believe they give you the better pair of headphones for free with your MD. I just missed out on the pinpointer probe deal though.But,I'm happy with the service I get at Kellyco,plus they are near me so I can stop by to shop when I want.

RIP... have you tried the F5 in dry and or wet sand? The spec says that the ground balance will work all the way upto SALT. Does that mean its possible to use this on the beach? If so is the coil submersible? I am not talking about 2-3 feet of water but rather 1-3 inches.

Thanks!

Prof
I live in tennessee so no I have not tried the beach, but I have read where others have had success with it in the wet and dry sand. And yes the coil is waterproof. I really like the F5, easy to learn and lite. My deepest find so far was a dime @ 8" solid tone.

definatly go with the F5.I got one its a great machine and has very good depth.hit a penny at 8" but it also finds its share of junk.I know the penny was at 8" because I measured it with my digging knife-it has an 8" blade so its easy to check depth of finds.

I've been reading some reports that the F5 does not do so well with Deep Silver... can anyone confirm this either way?
The F5 operates at 7.8kHz and the F70 operates at 13kHz. Generally speaking the lower operating frequency will penetrate deeper, albeit still a matter of Tx power and Rx gain.

The F5 operates at 7.8kHz and the F70 operates at 13kHz. Generally speaking the lower operating frequency will penetrate deeper, albeit still a matter of Tx power and Rx gain.
Quote - "the lower operating frequency will penetrate deeper, albeit still a matter of Tx power and Rx gain" - I have heard & read this many times and it is probably correct plus I have heard & read that the lower the frequency of the detector the better it is/should be on higher conductive materials such as silver. Personally I haven't found that a high or low frequency detector made much of a difference in my finds. Steve.

Back
Top Bottom