Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Coiltek electronics
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > General Hobby Discussion

Old 11-09-2017, 09:23 PM

Default Opinions wanted

I currently run a f75 LTD, the only earphones Ive ever used are the Koss qz99's. Im looking to upgrade them mainly because they are not very confortable on my head. They seem to sound and work fine I just do not like how they feel, mainly Im just jonsing for a new pair. In my research Im finding different headphones are different on different detectors. So my question is what headphones do you
F75 users like and why. Would like opinions on all favorite headphones but particularly f75 users.. Thanks

Old 11-09-2017, 09:30 PM
Elite Member

Very happy with Gray Ghost very comfortable.

They last forever and always had good service when I cut the cord and sent for repairs.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pulltabby View post
Very happy with Gray Ghost very comfortable.

They last forever and always had good service when I cut the cord and sent for repairs.
Pulltabby, "always"when I cut the cord. I sure hope it only ever happened once. I used to run a 100' extension cord across my back yard to plug in my truck during winter. I now have at least 4 , 50' cords thanks to my snow blower. Yep hard learner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 PM

Ive heard good things about the gray ghost, sun ray pro golds and black widows... Just not sure if one is better than the other for the f75...

Old 11-10-2017, 01:33 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by # 2 backhoe View post
Pulltabby, "always"when I cut the cord. I sure hope it only ever happened once. I used to run a 100' extension cord across my back yard to plug in my truck during winter. I now have at least 4 , 50' cords thanks to my snow blower. Yep hard learner.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad we all do stuff like that..... Like backing out driveway slowly but the iron gates are closed....no problem add a few more decals to hide scratches

Old 11-10-2017, 03:33 AM

I wonder, can headphones be custom Loaded for these new machines like pro's do for stereo systems? Maximum performance- matched to your own machine? Might be worth looking into, I have bad hearing and have thought of involving my audiologist in matching my hearing aids to the headphones, Besides she is Tall and Beautiful and does Superb work.

Anyone seen submersible hearing aids? LOL.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Elite Member

I have the Gray Ghost too and wear them when I go wired. They are comfortable. I usually go wireless with the Deteknix Wireless Headphones or Auvio. Both of those are comfortable but the Deteknix are small and don't fit well when wearing a ball cap.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:42 PM

I have the gray ghost and run them with my T2. Love them and I believe they have helped me with the soft whisper deep tones. I also like the switch that you simply flip to cancel out audio when you work a pin pointer. They are pretty comfortable but I have limited experience with other head phones.

Old 11-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Supporter

F70 user here...I am now running the GreyGhost NDT's on her....absolutely the best ones I've tried so far...like everyone else said, seems to be a good match for the F75-70 Tek kind of rig...

I like how you can quick disconnect the NDT plug wire right from the phones! I rigged up another GG cable to my AtPro so I can use the same phones on either rig! Or unplug the wire and use them as hearing protectors in my shop or even at the range! Multiple uses!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Elite Member

Default I use deep woods grey ghost on my F75.

Now you can get ones with sound adjustment knobs. Or the one eared Rattlers by Grey Ghost. But the Deep Woods cuts out a lot of noise and wind. The ear pads are comfortable and so far they have held up well. My hearing is not si great so Im not going to hear the whole sound spectrum. But the Grey Ghost do a great job and did increase my finds.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Supporter

I like my Killer B's but the Grey Ghosts are good phones too.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:30 PM

Here is a list of ear buds. Lighter than the ear phones, cheaper in some cases and you can wear a hat/cap w/them. Wireless in some cases.
They are for MUSIC but I imagine they are OK for Detecting.
Marvin

Sr.No. Names Price
1 Bose Quietcomfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling $ 249
2 JLab JBuds Hi-FI Noise Reducing ear buds $ 19.95
3 Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Enhanced $ 79.95
4 Bose IE2 Audio Headphones $ 199.99
5 JLab Go Bluetooth Wireless Headphones $ 89.99
6 Shure SE215-K Sound Isolating Earphones $ 199.99
7 Klipsch Image S4i-II $ 99.99
8 MEElectronics Sport-Fi M6 Noise Isolating in ear $ 29.99
9 Beats Tour 2.0 in ear Headphones $ 89
10 JVC HAFX1X Headphone Xtreme-Xplosivs $ 29.99

Old 11-10-2017, 11:02 PM
Elite Member

I have been using killer b headphones since I started detecting about 5 years ago. I do not have what one would call stellar hearing but I still hear the targets quite well. Good noise attenuation, Good crisp tones, good Fit. Good service. They do the job for me.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:55 PM
Supporter

Killer B's here. Wasted too, much time using cheap non detecting headphones. Should have switched before.

Old 11-11-2017, 12:04 AM

Thanks for all the input, looks like I have to decide between the gray ghosts and the killer b's...