Crawfish,Copperheads,seated and WHAT?

kidlester

Elite Member
I got invited to a crawfish boil on Saturday and I knew the home so I took the trusty CTX. This is an old home site with an old school on the property. Got a flaky 12-40 12-42 at 6", the seated dime must have been on edge. it is badly worn and my pinpoint was off. I scuffed it a little but that's ok. I don't dig many old coins in central Texas. I was going along and ran into the copperhead snake, glad I was looking down, I would have steeped right on top of him. Found the V nickel right after that at 2"
Then I got a solid 12-46, 12-47 at 7". I just knew it was the elusive barber quarter I've been looking for. Nope. A boy scout membership ping with a swastika on it. I thought I had found a german coin. What!!!. Does anyone know how old this token is, it has to be pre WW2.
HH!

Attachments

• coins 004.JPG
    coins 004.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 431
  • coins 002.JPG
    coins 002.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 425
  • phone 024.jpg
    phone 024.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 438
  • nazi 002.JPG
    nazi 002.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 426
  • nazi 007.JPG
    nazi 007.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 426
You found lot of good stuff, including the snake. I kill all poisonous snakes and leave the non-poisonous ones alone. Especially king snakes, because they eat the poisonous snakes.

beephead

Congrats on the coins and avoiding the copperhead. I'm in the Highland Lakes area (Lake LBJish). What part of Central Texas do you swing your CTX?

Wow! Nice hunt and photo of the snake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The swastika symbol was adopted by the Nazi party, not invented by it. Prior to WWII, you'll find it in a lot of places, including the Boy Scouts (obviously)> :)

Cheers!

Skippy

I like snakes. But I hate copper heads and cotton mouths! I had a cotton mouth the size of a baseball bat chase me and strike twice at me bearly missing me. Hope you introduced him to your shovel.

Nice finds though :D

You are to find nice happy things from the past history of people,,, Not to find BAD EVIL THINGS LIKE SWASTIKA AND COPPER SNAKES,,, But congrats on your find,,, :?:

I used to have a home near Welborn. Lot's of copperheads around there. Are you an A&M student/grad/faculty???

I recently retired from Siemens and took a position at TAMU. I am from Bryan so it was an easy choice. I know wellborn very well. if you haven't been there lately, you would not recognize the area. Incredible growth.

Back
Top Bottom