First real hunt with the Mojave...impressions...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Had a great time with the new Mojave yesterday, first silver with it on my first real hunt in a challenging area so what could be better ?

A few more impressions but I still have a lot of hunting time to see what this thing work really will do .
It seems to like iron, or at least it was pretty solid around little pieces of iron that I seem to have infested in my soil .

Many I could tell because it would break up pretty good or I could get just one-way hits , but some of it did not disc out and seem pretty solid.
Just something I have to deal with but I am sure there are ways that I can get better at this.

I found a silver dime yesterday at about 5 inches deep, it wasn't super loud but it did seem pretty solid with nice Sharpe ends, repeated from several directions and the modulation on this one is pretty good because I could sense that it was a little bit deeper than most of the more shallow targets I came across yesterday.

I'm my first short hunt with it on Monday when I got the thing it seems that the discrimination was a bit more sloppy than my Compadre because a few zincolns did come in a little bit higher than the normal 3 o'clock area that my compadre will disc out at exactly 3:00, at come in at using my up-down thumbing disc method, but yesterday most of them came in pretty much at that 3 o'clock area.
This is good....very good because I am a creature of habit.

The area I hunted was actually surrounded on three sides like a triangle with powerlines I had Wi-Fi hitting me from a building very close by I had the sense maxed out all the way everything was still very quiet dead silent in the matter fact.

As far as that hi-low mineralization switch I don't think it had much affected all the dirt I was hunting in yesterday.
I kept flipping it back and forth on certain targets and it might be there in a few deeper ones I did not get a signal did but I can't really be sure about that.
Lots more hunting to be done to see if this is true .
I also never got into the really bad red clay dirt on this hunt , most of it was still highly mineralized but more of the black variety .
This hi-low switch might come in handy when I get into different kinds of dirt but we will see.

Depth seemed to be pretty darn good on this one, my hope is that I can get to the 6 inch mark with this which is something I had trouble with using my Compadre and even my Vaquero in the past and the bad stuff around here, and I believe I did get up to at least the six-inch area and at least one or two targets but they were small pieces of iron .
Good to know though that it can reach that far, now I just have to come across a good target that is deeper that would be great.
For me around here it is all about unmasking ability, most of the good targets here, even the older ones, don't seem to be a whole lot deeper than the 4-6 inch area so I can live with that depth and if I can still get pretty good IDs am going to be a happy hunter.
Who knows, I might still be able to get deeper than that but we will see .

Tones were good , not quite the same as a Compadre and a little bit different than on that one in the overall sound but still I like it.

Pinpointing was great, if a target was really shallow or even deeper all I had to do was look at that epsilon mark in the middle of the coil while swinging over the target and they were there pretty much all of the time.
This dime was one of the deeper targets I dug and it was right at the center of the bottom of the hole I opened so pretty accurate.
Whether the disc was down in all iron or maxed it still seemed to pinpoint the same.
Under this dime there were something way deeper and pretty massive which I believe was probably a big chunk of rusty iron of some kind , still the dime came through as a for sure dig me signal even though there was still a large high tone signal under and surrounding the area where the dime was sitting.

This morning I am going to try to take this over to an area I have hunted a million times before but just recently found some pretty old and masked 1800's objects with my Fisher in one specific spot so I am hoping that this thing will unmask maybe a couple more fairly easily...lots of iron and tons of trash there too so another good testing ground for my new heater.

All in all a pretty decent first real hunt with this thing, plus I found silver so what could be better than that?

More to come....hopefully.

Attachments

• user10659_pic75424_1495040719_PerfectlyClear0001_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    user10659_pic75424_1495040719_PerfectlyClear0001_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 213
  • user10659_pic75423_1495040233_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    user10659_pic75423_1495040233_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 220
Back
Top Bottom