Nothing spectacular, but cool to me.

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I didn't find any silver or gold or anything really great, but I did find some pretty cool things. I found a religious medallion, a key, some sort of C-clamp and an old lock. I also found a 1941 wheat penny (not pictured).

I did some research on the lock and couldn't find much.
It is stamped C.T. Fraim Lancaster PA

I posted a side view of the lock with a quarter for size reference so you could see how bulky this piece is.

From what I could find out is that the company was started by three brothers and one drifted off to do his own thing. The company closed in 1945. The lock was found in a park that has a building being operated by a very small town police department that rarely even gets used. I've only seen police their a couple of times in my almost two years of hunting this site. The building once was a school that was built in 1938.

I also found $1.19 in clad

Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 395
What, no silver....punk! :lol:

I did a lot of research on this lock company because I recently found one of theirs too and mine has to be over 100 years old and probably more like 110-120 years from a pic I found in one of their old catalogues...also because of that handcuff shackle design.
Your is even older probably back to the 1800's so...great find!
A real professional detectorist would have found the key too but...whatever.

Attachments

• photostudio_1488723419706_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    photostudio_1488723419706_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 395
Yea, laugh it up, funnyboy.....

:laughing:

I just found more info about the lock company. The company was in operation from 1879-1945. From what I'm seeing from research, it might be a railroad lock. There is a couple of sets of tracks about 200 yards from where I found it.

Back
Top Bottom