England's green and pleasant fields.

Doug

Elite Member
I had the pleasure of entertaining a fellow forum member from the US over here in England on one of my permissions last week.

We had one day on 'The Church' field, I had 1 hammered silver coin and 1 counterfeit coin he had one hammered silver coin.

We both enjoyed ourselves in sharing a common hobby.

Most of the finds from over a 2 week period.

Thanks for looking..............Doug.

Somerset Light Infantry cap badge.

Cornwall and Somerset light infantry cap badges.

2nd to 4th century Roman coins.

Various items.

Silver coins, middle left possible counterfeit?

Bronze coins.

Doug,

It was a great experience - to hunt with you. :)
Thanks for your time and hospitality.

Great finds as usual.
Never heard about counterfeit hammered coins, but yours does look strange.
Is that the voided long cross penny from the "church" field?

Doug,

It was a great experience - to hunt with you. :)
Thanks for your time and hospitality.

Great finds as usual.
Never heard about counterfeit hammered coins, but yours does look strange.
Is that the voided long cross penny from the "church" field?

It was a great pleasure to invite you to my part of the world where I search for 'treasure'.

The 'Church Field' is one of my better fields and I was more than happy to share the field with a fellow forum member.

The field is now being ploughed so that I hope will bring more finds within the range of the coil next October/November when the maize is combined.

The silver coin top right is the Elizabeth 1st 6 pence dated 1594 which I found within 10 minutes of going into the field.

The long cross coin middle left was the 2nd coin I found just a few yards further on but it appears to be a contemporary forgery of the time.

When I looked at the coin at home it looked the wrong colour to be silver and the reverse looks to be very crude. (pellets) no bad egg smell if rubbed with silver foil/paper.

Back
Top Bottom