14+15 at a new park/ballfield

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone, tried a new park today and started my way into it through the woods and found some neat stuff, including a spur! If anyone has any info on it that'd be awesome! Made my way to the ballfield. Most of these coins were 1"-2" in the ground. Apparently they renovated the area recently and dirt was moved and targets were exposed! Very little clad! First ten minutes, 5 wheats and then things slowed down other than a few pieces of trash and a few more wheats. The last 30 mins was the best. I hit the merc at about 1" and I was pretty happy with that but wanted maybe one more if possible :laughing: hit the barber about ten minutes later at a similar depth. After two hours I had to fly but am debating going back like right low :lol: thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_1293.jpg
    IMG_1293.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 604
Great finds! With the decoration it looks like a dress spur maybe ? ? The mds out west will know. Little balls on the end of rowel is kind of weird. They either had a real touchy horse or they weren't really used like in a parade or something.:confused:

Great hunt CD! Congrats on the silvers the cool spur.
Thanks!
Awesome finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man!
Great finds! With the decoration it looks like a dress spur maybe ? ? The mds out west will know. Little balls on the end of rowel is kind of weird. They either had a real touchy horse or they weren't really used like in a parade or something.:confused:

Thank you! Yea I agree the balls immediately screamed kids toy to me , I also found the two broken balls in the plug which I brought home with me :grin: I'm hoping someone might now what I have found here, keep in touch!

Great work on the silvers. On the pic with all the pennies grouped together, that penny on the far left is definitely an Indian Head reverse. Just wondering if you noticed as I only saw text about wheats!

Congrats on the Barber, Merc, wheats and the rest...fine hunt!
Thanks Capt!
Neat spur!
Thanks a lot!
Like the spur! Congratzz
Thanks!
Great work on the silvers. On the pic with all the pennies grouped together, that penny on the far left is definitely an Indian Head reverse. Just wondering if you noticed as I only saw text about wheats!

Thanks! Yes it is a really toasty injun, 188* found about a foot away from the barber dime. Happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom