Journey of several parks with rings!

MrNovice

Forum Supporter
Day off work and going to be 81 degrees today. Started my rounds to a place where most wouldn't hunt, kids playground with blue cut tire bits for padding.

Easy to dig into but gets nasty really fast. My pinpointer and digger are blue now, but I got some treasure!

No marks, but I think it's silver. Rang in at 81 on the ATP at about 5 inches down. The hunt continues! GL and HH!

Last edited:
I've seen a few of those lots. Always wondered about them but never had the time to hit them. Usually in those higher end areas that look down us common folk. I did always wonder if there would be tiny bits of the steel cords from the tire mixed in that would wreck havoc on our detectors. Did this not become an issue with you ?

Nice finds! I know they did not come out easy, especially with all the steel belts/treads cut within the tire mulch.

I've seen a few of those lots. Always wondered about them but never had the time to hit them. Usually in those higher end areas that look down us common folk. I did always wonder if there would be tiny bits of the steel cords from the tire mixed in that would wreck havoc on our detectors. Did this not become an issue with you ?

Actually in this lot, there is no tread metal or at least very minimal. There was a matting down under the tire bits so I could only dig down about 5 inches, 3 in some shallow parts. Wasn't too bad listening for hard steady hits. Plenty of zincolns which I skipped over most, because nature was calling so I had to hunt FAST! :laughing: Also since it was shallow, only ran 60% sensitivity. I'll go back another time and clear it out better once not so wet and nasty, I got blue junk everywhere!

2nd park, just around basketball court. Playground had nothing but slag, someone has been here cause I see depressions where recent holes were dug. :( Still got another ringer though!

Onto the 3rd park!

Whooo, just finished 3rd park and am I in the wrong freaking neighborhood! Been getting constantly watched, should have known to stay away from a place called "Southside Park!" Pretty condemned, doubt many kids play here anymore...

Still managed to pull a bracelet and pendant and some clad and almost a ringer!

Some kind of crimp washer or something, but it's round...lol, onto the next park!

Well, choo-choo park was littered with metal junk. No doubt from the picnic tables so close. 30 targets every swing, so that wasn't going to happen! Pulled a dime and a bullet casing, these kids know how to party!

Next!

From last park, gtg pick up boys from school now. I'm exhausted but definitely got my fix!

And another ringer! Woohoo!

It was fun, and thanks for venturing with me! HH out there and Good Luck!

Last edited:

I have a friend who used to gather up those old tires to be processed. They only used the sidewalls because they contain no iron is what he said. Not sure what they done with the steal belted part.

Nice going on the silver ring! I hate those cut tire pieces, especially during the hot summer months. Yuk!

beephead

Congrats on your finds. I have one of those lots at a local school about that size. The first 3 times I hunted it I pulled a $123 in clad out of there. After that each time I visit I get around $5 in clad and assorted jewelry. Once something falls in there its not gonna be found by person....HH !

Nice hunting there MrN. I had high hope for 1 totlot last year. Tokk my kids to it without the MD first time around. Just kicked some woods chips under a bench and out came a silver ring. Needless to say I was back that evening with the MD. Other then a little clad I about lost my mind in that place. I think they place they got thier woodchips from was also an recycling yard there was so much canslaw. It wasn't even your normal lawmover shredded stuff. This stuff was beat, balled up and rounded, like someone through about 10 pounds of cans in with the mulcher. aggravating to say the least.

Nice hunting there MrN. I had high hope for 1 totlot last year. Tokk my kids to it without the MD first time around. Just kicked some woods chips under a bench and out came a silver ring. Needless to say I was back that evening with the MD. Other then a little clad I about lost my mind in that place. I think they place they got thier woodchips from was also an recycling yard there was so much canslaw. It wasn't even your normal lawmover shredded stuff. This stuff was beat, balled up and rounded, like someone through about 10 pounds of cans in with the mulcher. aggravating to say the least.

I've felt like that a few times even with new chips there. Hunting totlots with concrete or walled in edges that are raised well above where a mower would be able to kick stuff up and over into the chips. Especially over to areas in the center that are 20ft away from the borders. There has to be something to that, experienced it too many times.

Back
Top Bottom