Thunder struck....gold...my first!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
Went out today to try out my new to me NEL thunder coil on my F70 and found my first gold ring. It's not very heavy and only 10K, but I'm still very happy! There just happened to be one of those gold exchanges just down the street from where I found it so I took it in and he said it's worth about $30. I also found three wheaties and a cool token of some kind. And I also found my deepest coin so far...one of the wheats at about 7". I really like the new thunder coil...thanks to ChrisMD for selling it to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 249
CongratZ!
A little less than 2 grams by weight will get you $30.
That ring looks heavier than that...I bet it's worth more than that gold guy told you it was.

Thanks for the info Digger. I just weighed it on my scale and got 3.13 grams and according to an online gold melt calculator, 3.13g of 10k is worth $50.85.

That's. beauty of a ring, congrats! What kind of terrain you find it at?

I found it on a soccer field, if that's what you mean by what kind of terrain. It was only about 1.5" deep and rang up as a solid 39 on my F70...I almost didn't dig it, but it was such a strong signal and it was locked on 39 on the display so I decided to dig.

I found it on a soccer field, if that's what you mean by what kind of terrain. It was only about 1.5" deep and rang up as a solid 39 on my F70...I almost didn't dig it, but it was such a strong signal and it was locked on 39 on the display so I decided to dig.

Thanks, and yeah didn't know if you were out in the woods or school yard or what :). Soccer fields have given me 3 gold rings, I like them!

I ended up buying a ring mandrel to straighten bent rings, works pretty good.

Can't seem to sell my gold finds yet, hanging onto them for now...

Congrats again!

Back
Top Bottom