Annual Car Show and Festival

GKL

Forum Supporter
This past Saturday Winnsboro SC had their annual "Rock Around the Clock" festival and car show. (called such because of the large clock tower on Main street)

The town clock has run continuously for over 100 years, making it the longest continuously running clock in the United States.

They had lots of vintage and souped up vehicles, stands where companies/groups/orgs give out freebies, a few rides and games for kids, food stands, live music, and some free drawings for prizes.

The only drawback was that it was on paved roads (they close down several blocks downtown for the day) so no grass to detect on afterwards, but other than that it was fun !

I won a prize on one of the drawings, a cloth bag with a few small items including a really neat T-Shirt (see photo below)

I took many pictures of the vehicles and thought some of you who are into vintage cars would appreciate seeing them.

Some of the pics may be less than perfect as with the crowd walking around you sometimes had to take a quick picture before someone would walk in front.

(I'll post the vehicle photos starting with the next post)

Here's the T-Shirt ________Here's the clock tower

ratctshirt300.jpgtownclock2016.jpg

ratc2016slides.jpgratc2016stands.jpg

Last edited:
Cool pics! My Dad has a '39 Chevy 2 door sedan streetrod, like the one in post 7, but nicer looking. It will be mine someday. The one in the pic had a slight chop, and has '40 headlights.

Post #5 , top left , the flat black coupe , I'd love to have one of them old cars . That's some really nice old rides there , Thanks for posting .

Post #5 , top left , the flat black coupe , I'd love to have one of them old cars . That's some really nice old rides there , Thanks for posting .

Yep. Those old coupes are cool. They were a favorite with the moonshine runners, back in the day. Hillbilly mechanics worked wonders to make them very fast. The rest was up to the drivers. NASCAR was the result.

Back
Top Bottom