A few hours.

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello all.

It was a "What to and where to go" sort of a day. I had planned on an early start but sleeping through the alarm kicked that idea into the long grass. After a coffee I sent Dave a text to see if he was up for detecting but he had plans of his own today - The In-laws. I have needed to check out the state of my permissions and see what is detectable, so that is what I will do. With the thought of getting an hour or two in, I loaded up the car and headed off with a sort of pre planned route in mind. After 10 minutes or so of driving through narrow, winding country lanes, I pulled up and looked over the hedge. Marrows? Well what was left of the crop anyway...... I have never detected with marrows so was willing to give it a try. On reflection, they are not the the best detecting buddies to have around as they roll around and generally get in the way. Some are completely hollow while some have started to rot which makes them soft and squidgy under foot and knee. The banked soil was also soft and sticky but as I had not been out for a while, I remained undeterred. Very quiet at first, then I started to get a few signals..... Bits of lead, what would I do if it were not for bits of the ol' Plumbum? A few coins and buttons and a Victorian generic Volunteer Infantry button. I did also manage a little bit of hallmarked silver.

Many thanks,

b.

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 305
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 309
  • stud1.jpg
    stud1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 308