A Tale of 2 Hunts: Famine & A Feast with 18K Signet Ring – My 1st!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I normally don’t do hunts 2 days in a row but with low tide in the mid to late mornings for Saturday and Sunday, and flat clam conditions, well I decided to give it a go. Yesterday, I went to Miami Beach with the CZ and had one of my worst hunts ever. The only decent target in 4 ½ hours were the junky sunglasses that are in good shape that I’ll give to my daughter because I know she’ll like them. I saw 2 other :pirates: out in the water and one working the dry. I talked to one of the water guys and he had scored. The day was beautiful and the water was the calmest I had seen all year. I was really hoping for a better hunt than what I got but that’s how it goes sometimes.

After debating last night to go back to MB or further North, I opted to go to a beach that I like and isn’t hunted too much. I checked my logs and I hadn’t been there in over a month so it was due. When I got there it was calm but there was a way off shore storm, which as the time passed, started coming in. It dissipated as it came in, increasing the winds and the waves a bit, but by the time I left it was calm again. I hunted for 5 hours with about 1½ of hours of that time working the wet sand with the Sand Shark. The 1st silver came in the water along with the blue stoned silver earring. The larger second silver ring with the moonstone(?) was from the wet sand. At the end, as I neared the end of my hunt, I was working back to the exit close to the shore to dry off. I had about 5-10 minutes left when I would turn off the machine and leave. It was just then that lightning struck in my scoop in the near-shore wash area! :dingding: When I looked at the ring I instantly knew my skunk was over!! :thumbsup: I knew it was a signet ring and I believe my 1st. At home it passes the 18K acid test nicely, is marked “750” and weighs a deceitful 4.3 grs. Today was good with lots of targets and a well-earned gold at the end. Some of those Felix’s are pretty bad looking and I’ll spare my trash picture, but let’s just say it was a lot. So far, September has been a good month for me. :yes:

Attachments

• 9-24-16.jpg
    9-24-16.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 475
  • 9-25-16.jpg
    9-25-16.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 472
  • 9-25-16 Rings.jpg
    9-25-16 Rings.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 438
  • 9-25-16 Gold Ring.jpg
    9-25-16 Gold Ring.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 446
  • 9-25-16 Foreign  (1).jpg
    9-25-16 Foreign (1).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 444
  • 9-25-16 Foreign  (2).jpg
    9-25-16 Foreign (2).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 438
  • 9-25-16 Fits.jpg
    9-25-16 Fits.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 429
Wow! Nice rescues for sure. :bling: Certainly glad you didn't post a photo trying that ring on your little toe (we know you tried it).

Nice collection for 9.5 hours invested. Where else can you have that much fun and get paid?

Nice Felix... gold signets are one of my favorite rings to find because they are usually heavy... ;)

"Flat 'clam' conditions"? Is that a veiled threat to Kaps Shelly?:laughing::laughing:

Very nice there Felix! Pretty decent weekend for the Friendly Water Hunters I must say..
Mud

Nice Felix,Its always nice to get the gold out of the way early in a hunt takes the pressure off.Now when your at the very end of your hunt and in your head your saying ok only a few more sweeps and im outta here and your feeling Blah about yet another skunk.Then you get that nice tone look in that scoop and see that sweet yellow glow of the yellow butta.Thats a feeling hard to top!Congratz Felix...GL HH

Nice Felix... gold signets are one of my favorite rings to find because they are usually heavy... ;)

Craig, I was very surprised at the punch that little sucker packed!

"Flat 'clam' conditions"? Is that a veiled threat to Kaps Shelly?:laughing::laughing:

That must've been a Freudian Slip! :laughing: I'm comin' for ya Shelly!!! :rifle:

Nice Felix,Its always nice to get the gold out of the way early in a hunt takes the pressure off.Now when your at the very end of your hunt and in your head your saying ok only a few more sweeps and im outta here and your feeling Blah about yet another skunk.Then you get that nice tone look in that scoop and see that sweet yellow glow of the yellow butta.Thats a feeling hard to top!Congratz Felix...GL HH

I must say, I do prefer it when the gold comes early, but better late than never! :yes:

That's a lot of stuff AND gold,,,,,never seen an 18k signet ring,,,,great work,,,,the only thing we are digging here is dead fish from red tide,,,,,,:roll:GL HH

Real nice looking 18K Felix :yes: From the first couple of pics thought it was bigger.
Or you have monster hands :lol: Nice going on the silver :yes:

Dang nice ring there Felix!!! Congrats!

Too bad you didn't find a fork, you'd had had a trifecta there :lol:

That's one heck of a hunt here, lots of targets!

That's a beauty! You figure out what the history of all those makers marks are

Back
Top Bottom