Most coins in one day

goldpaninut

Well.....I went down to my favorite park a couple weeks ago, and decided to dig every coin signal I received. I got there about 8 am and didn't quit until 7 pm. It was hot out....about 95 degrees and I had to detect in the shade only. Having spent 45 years in Alaska I just can't take the heat! By the end of the day I'd dug 19 quarters, 44 dimes, 10 nickels, and 285 penny's. Of the 285 penny's only 31 were pre 1982s. This was also my last day of digging zinc penny's! Now I only dig the copper penny signals.....lol I also located 2 keys and an Olds insignia. I actually took a 1/2 hour to eat lunch and visit with the homeless in the park. Unfortunately all the coins were new clad, but it was still fun and the chance was there for some silver! I was surprised that the new memorial cents were buried so deep, up to 6". I use a Whites MXT All Pro and it does well, although the soil mineralization in this area averages 72 which limits its depth. I dream of the day I can afford a Minelab E Trac!
Goldpaninut

Attachments

• $12.59.JPG
    $12.59.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 590
Man my arms and shoulders hurt just looking at all the digging! LOL Congrats on a heck of a clad haul!!!

that's a lot of digging. I've dug over 200 and over 300 after beach storms before (where digging on the sand is EASY). So I can only imagine how much strength you had to do to dig 300+ on land!

I guess it wouldn't be as strenuous if you were in a country, like Japan, where clad coins go up to $5 in value (and they are carried as commonly as we carry quarters) . Doh!

Congratulations on that Tri-Century day! ..I dont know how you did it in that kind of heat! Most cladders like about 40 degrees, overcast, a bit of wind, and a little sleet to keep them cool enough to pull numbers like that! Maybe this Fall we will see some similar days from the cladders, but dang dude, that was a hell of a performance you did there and a tough one to match!
Mud

Great Googly moogly ! Goldpan that's crazy ! đź‘€
11 hours ? two hundread eighty something pennies alone ?
95 degrees ?
You are a beast đź‘Ť
Amaizing hunt . I'd be on the couch watching football all day today had I done something like that yesterday and not by choice .
As far as being able to afford an ETrac ... Well if there is anyone who would have a chance to pay for it in a couple years with clad I'd say you would be one to have a shot . I will tell ya this . If you go ETrac and like busting Fast clad I would keep a speed machine around as a second machine . For me it's my Tesoro because the ETrac is going to slow you down big time. For me it will find silver 3 to 1 over my Tesoro Vaquero unless it's a tear out or home permission where speed and covering ground is a premium over depth. But hunted to death parks places that have been searched hard for years the ETrac will sniff leftover silvers out . it will slow down the clad by 3 to one compared to what your using now I would guess. Just my two cents .
HH and congrats on the Amaizing day.
, Dew

That's almost $1.14 / hour

Too bad more of those penny signals weren't quarters or dimes!
Good thing this is only a hobby. $12.50 in eleven hours in 90+ degree weather... You deserve some kind of award, Cuda!
Looks like that spot wasn't producing more than clad so probably a good plan to ignore the bulk of those post-1982 Zincolns.
I wish the US would bite the bullet and get rid of one cent coins, as Canada has. :roll:

Freaking way to get out there and learn your detector! My thumb starts to blister swinging, I can't imagine how much I'd be hurting digging all that. Beautiful job, man!

One word to the wise though about skipping Zincolns, as I often do...I hit a destroyed, crushed and bent silver ring yesterday that gave off a perfect 74 VDI, another member hit one that landed 79 VDI too. Sometimes that silver falls right at that Zincoln range, so pick and choose wisely!

Hey Dewsweeper, the reason I want an E Trac is so I CAN find more silver.....finding clad coins isn't one of my favorite pastimes. I totally cleaned a large area of clad change and zinc penny's this day and now I can go back and listen for those deeper signals, hoping they'll be silver. But my MXT All Pro will only detect a dime at about 6", and a quarter at about 8" max in this mineralized soil, and this is why I can't wait to get an E Trac....lol

With my bad back I have to kneel down to dig a target. If I tried to accomplish something like you have done I would be found still laying on the dirt unable to get up. Plus it would take me at least two weeks to be able to walk again as I would be very sore.

Back
Top Bottom