1901 barber

gscott12250

Elite Member
8aa6effeca5d44468d044b9b13665e8e.jpg
46fdaab744410a2070c143d675eb5346.jpg
I have been dying to ask this permission since I got the atpro.this property sits right across the street from my work. It is 200 years ish old. I decided to stop over there last night and give it a shot. An old man in his 90s answers the door I give him my story and ask him if he is ok with me detecting his lawn and he says no problem but can you give me a hand? I gladly agree. he explains to me that he is all alone and needs help adjusting his antenna for his TV. Great lets do it. After messing with the antenna for way to long we take care of the problem. Now it is to late to do any detecting as I lost daylight. On my way into work today I was early so I decided to give it a shot. I only had 25 minutes. So I'm in the hay field and I get a scratchy silver tone that is jumping to the 70s but more silver than not. I dig up this guy a 1901 barber quarter no s though. I'm still pumped and in the end I was able to help out the home owner. I think I just got a permission for life. Lol

Greg

Great!! Love barbers!! I too have found a 1901 was really praying for an "s" mint mark but alas..... Great dig and go back and show off the other stuff you get there!!! WTG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wahoooo Congratulations. Great find. Cant wait to see what else you find out there.

Great find, 20 min? Nice save . Just wooo in and grab em.
Oh ya, it's not a freght liner and it's not a barber but if you see my little yellow truck just Honk the horn and wave .
HH
, Dew

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 415
congratz on the barber quarter. Good pix ! And you're right: Seeeoooo close to have been the highly coveted S mint year !

nice barber quarter!! Especially nice permission ya got,, Hey I like those kind. Make sure you get to know the old guy, take a couple cold beers with ya and sit and have one with him..Youll be detecting that yard forever if ya do ( as long as gramps is still alive anyway!)....congrats!

Back
Top Bottom