Please be SEATED!!!

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
So at lunch today I decided to go hit my house of coppers. Took an early extended lunch since snow and ultra frigid temps are coming in. I decided to switch up the settings a little on my CTX3030. I normally run fast on deep off and ground coin. Today I went fast off, deep on and high trash. Dug a slew of rusty nails today. Then I was getting a signal all over the place but it has a decent high tone in there and was hitting 12-42 here and there at about 5". As usual it was a spot I've been over many many times. First target I pulled out of the hole was a small rusty buckle looking thing that came in at 12-21. Rescanned the hole and got a more solid 12-42. Pulled out some dirt and saw a small silver coin in the dirt. Low and behold my first seated coin from this property in 2 1/2 years hunting it. An 1871 seated dime! I have found Barbers, Mercs and Washingtons here but never a seated. In the silver department I had found a 1662 Cob and then the next oldest was an 1892 barber dime. I just couldn't find any other silver in between. Was a great sight to see that come out of the ground. Renewed interest in my house of coppers again!! Check out the video below and thanks for looking and HH!!!

Video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRk0QoTBypM

Attachments

• IMG_3442.jpg
    IMG_3442.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_3444.jpg
    IMG_3444.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_3445.jpg
    IMG_3445.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_3450.jpg
    IMG_3450.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 497
Congrats bud!! Try running fast off/deep on ferrous coin wide open screen and see how you like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats bud!! Try running fast off/deep on ferrous coin wide open screen and see how you like that

I was running that in the beginning today. The high trash seemed to work out better. But I will continue to mess around with the settings at that site...

That's an amazing site you have there. Gotta Love sites that keep giving up the oldies. Congrats on the seated.

Congrats on the first Seated silver of the season...excellent dig!

Thanks Capt!!

Looks absolutely great. Congrats on a nice old find.

TY Scuba.

Woowhoo, sweet one man!

Thanks Zee.

That's an amazing site you have there. Gotta Love sites that keep giving up the oldies. Congrats on the seated.

2 1/2 years in and still finding stuff here. Thanking my lucky stars for this place...

Grats on one awesome find

Thanks Joe, feel better man.

I can't believe you are still pulling stuff out of that place. Congrats on your first seated from there, that's awesome!

I am just as surprised Jason. A little change of settings and I want to get back there more...

Finding something like that will get your blood to flowing. Big Congrats!

beephead

If you saw my video Beep you can see that...LOL

Sweet find! I always run mine deep on ferrous coin with open screen. I also always run fast on. What advantage do you see in running fast off? Congrats on a great find. She is a beauty! Nice video too. Love the excitement... hard to hide it isn't it!

Back
Top Bottom