Todays dump dig :)

SevenOneSix

Elite Member
Today I planned on staying inside all day and night, enjoying my day off and ignoring the humidity outside. Of course my girlfriend had to ask if I wanted to go to what she calls "The Pit" lol. So at 5pm we headed out and I got dropped off as usual. Spent 2 hours out there today and got tore up by mosquitos. These are my finds. Enjoy!

My spot

The creek below

The finds

The last 2 targets I grabbed. Thought both were pennies but when I got home I realized one was smaller. Kinda looks silver so I'm thinking maybe its another merc which would make my third merc from this site. Gonna clean some of this stuff up. Thanks for looking and HH all!

If I had a good spot like that I'd get off the couch too.:lol:

The humidity and the mosquitos are a killer but there's nothing like sitting down and pulling target after target out of the ground, or as I do it, grab em as they fall out. :D

Awesome digging there's no bottles in that dump? Do you just dig or detect it? Just curious because I started digging bottle dumps and then picked up a detector. Was just wondering if its worth detecting dumps where there's so much trash HH!

heck yeh, thats why theres deet for the skeeters!!!

nice haul, congrats! is that a swastika button or coin or ???
I always have it in the bag and never use it lol. The swastika im not too sure what it is exactly. I've found a lot of them but I don't usually take them with me.

Ooh la la, love the marbles:D
I've found quite a few at this spot.

Awesome digging there's no bottles in that dump? Do you just dig or detect it? Just curious because I started digging bottle dumps and then picked up a detector. Was just wondering if its worth detecting dumps where there's so much trash HH!

Before I realized it was a dump site I had been detecting the top of it. Found some neat stuff. Now I just dig. I've gottena few bottles out of here but nothing too old. Most finds are Higgins ink bottles. Found an intact hobbleskirt coke bottle the other day. I did discover an older dump not too far away from this one. This one I like though. Its on a nice incline and I'm about 4 feet from the top. Much easier than digging a flat surface dump.

I always have it in the bag and never use it lol. The swastika im not too sure what it is exactly. I've found a lot of them but I don't usually take them with me.

I've found quite a few at this spot.

Before I realized it was a dump site I had been detecting the top of it. Found some neat stuff. Now I just dig. I've gottena few bottles out of here but nothing too old. Most finds are Higgins ink bottles. Found an intact hobbleskirt coke bottle the other day. I did discover an older dump not too far away from this one. This one I like though. Its on a nice incline and I'm about 4 feet from the top. Much easier than digging a flat surface dump.

River bank dumps are my favorite. Considering how much stuff is coming out of there it may be wise to build a sifter box so you k ow you aren't missing anything. Great digs though! Look forward to seeing future posts

River bank dumps are my favorite. Considering how much stuff is coming out of there it may be wise to build a sifter box so you k ow you aren't missing anything. Great digs though! Look forward to seeing future posts

My plan was to dig as much as possible this season and sift next season. I know im missing lots of stuff. I've been pushing all the tailings down the hill so that when I do sift next season I will be on more flat ground. Its getting a bit steep in places.

I miss dump digs, I use to do them when I was a teen - but always wear gloves, cutting yourself on some of the glass in those places is nasty!

I miss dump digs, I use to do them when I was a teen - but always wear gloves, cutting yourself on some of the glass in those places is nasty!

I wear a glove on my digging hand and the other hand is bare. I'm very careful when it comes to running my hand through the dirt. No cuts yet but its easier to know what types of metal I'm touching with an ungloved hand. I'm more worried about what I'm inhaling. Thinking about investing in a mask.

Back
Top Bottom