I'm Back! And With Some Gold!!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
June 15th was my last detecting day since on June 17th I left for Spain with my daughter to do the Camino de Santiago. I returned last Tuesday and still had some foot problems from the hiking that I needed to get over before I could detect again. Yesterday, I decided to give it shot since I felt my blisters had healed sufficiently, plus some salt water would be good for them. I had a nice warm water hunt with the Sand Shark which I was trying out for the 1st time since coming from repairs from Tesoro while I was gone. No real gold in that hunt per se, but there was a junk unusual feather copper ring that had me going for a bit. I am very glad to be back detecting and on the forum again. Looking forward to some real gold even though I had some very special golden moments in my time on the Camino.

Attachments

• 8-1-15.jpg
    8-1-15.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 500
  • Camino 1.jpg
    Camino 1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 498
  • Camino 2.jpg
    Camino 2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 497
  • Camino 3.jpg
    Camino 3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 497
Welcome back Felix. We all missed the photos of your zincs... even Craig! :laughing: Those are some beautiful photos of Spain. Like the sunset.

R5

Welcome back Felix. Too bad they were renovating the facade of the cathedral. I'm sure you and your daughter went inside. What did you think of all that gold inside the cathedral? Them cardinals sure knew how to live a rich life huh?

Hope you both also got to try some of the local marzipan (aka mazapán or postre regio). In my book, the local marzipan is not as good as the you get in Toledo, but quite tasty. :yes:

Welcome back Felix. Too bad they were renovating the facade of the cathedral. I'm sure you and your daughter went inside. What did you think of all that gold inside the cathedral? Them cardinals sure knew how to live a rich life huh?

Hope you both also got to try some of the local marzipan (aka mazapán or postre regio). In my book, the local marzipan is not as good as the you get in Toledo, but quite tasty. :yes:
Rudy, when I was 20 in 1984 I did a summer abroad study program in Italy and got to see St. Peter's, the Vatican and many others. The gold doesn't surprise me. Even little tiny churches in the middle of nowhere have gold. I'm not a marzipan fan, and we have some pretty good stuff here in Miami actually. However, chorizo, wine and Spanish tortilla are quite another matter! ;)

Welcome back Felix!! Those are some beautiful pictures! Better than that are the memories your daughter will have of this trip with her dad!! A friend of ours is doing the Camino at the end of the month. Spain is a beautiful country, I got to spend some time in the south part during my Navy time.

Welcome back it was neat to see the pictures of your trip-and now back to some serious treasure hunting

Another false advertising thread... :roll: the sun doesn't count as gold... did you go somewhere? :lol:

Rudy, ... I'm not a marzipan fan, and we have some pretty good stuff here in Miami actually. However, chorizo, wine and Spanish tortilla are quite another matter! ;)

Of course, you have all that yummy Cuban food in Miami. Last time I was there I got some pretty nice paella at Versalles. :cooking::chef2::coffeetable::eat2::eat::eat3:

Another false advertising thread... :roll: the sun doesn't count as gold... did you go somewhere? :lol:
:lol: OK, I take back what I said in a recent thread about you being a nice guy! :laughing:

Of course, you have all that yummy Cuban food in Miami. Last time I was there I got some pretty nice paella at Versailles.
:waytogo: Not a bad choice or place sir!

Back
Top Bottom