Eaten Alive This Afternoon...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I sprayed my hat and shirt to keep the gnats away from me during a water hunt this afternoon... I found a trough that was quite difficult to dig in but it held some old stuff... I would have hunted longer but I knew I had a long drive through rush hour traffic so I quit... still managed a couple of silver but my favorite find is the old finial off a lamp... pulled 3 wheats, a Barber dime, a Merc and the IH penny... I think the watch is a knock off of Michele watches that can fetch a decent price from looking at their website. Also pulled an old pewter button.

Those gnats got under my shirt and hat and were biting me driving me insane so I quit early :lol:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 547
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 547
I can see why the lamp finial is your favorite, it's awesome! Cool finds, and I can sympathize with the gnat thing, I'm still scratching from the helicopter size mosquitoes that made breakfast, lunch & supper of us two days ago when we went out hunting after the rain!

Like that Brass piece, very cool. would have threw that baby in the brass pile!! Old coins are a good dig also...

I went hunting with mike the other day, we have to walk about 150 yards to get to this one beach.. it's like the death walk with the biting flies... I am covered fairly well but they were making lunch out of mike...:eat3:

Nice finds Craig. Cool silver, lamp finial has a nice funky pattern. Wonder what that little gear went to? Looks old :thumbsup:

That's a great hunt in my book Craig, congrats on your finds! And yes, all kinds of biting things here too. I think I'll be staying out of the woods for a while, lol.
Oh, those gear things look like clock parts to me, I see both have 12 teeth. :yes:
Pete

I can see why the lamp finial is your favorite, it's awesome! Cool finds, and I can sympathize with the gnat thing, I'm still scratching from the helicopter size mosquitoes that made breakfast, lunch & supper of us two days ago when we went out hunting after the rain!

I think I'm going to hit the dirt tomorrow instead of dealing with those gnats again :lol:

Very nice finds, Mr.

Thanks Curt :laughing:

Like that Brass piece, very cool. would have threw that baby in the brass pile!! Old coins are a good dig also...

I went hunting with mike the other day, we have to walk about 150 yards to get to this one beach.. it's like the death walk with the biting flies... I am covered fairly well but they were making lunch out of mike...:eat3:

I know those flies you speak about... they have teeth and rip out flesh :lol:

congrads, some good finds Craig

I'm trying to clean out the trash so you can find the yellow if you ever make it up here again Earl ;)

Nice finds Craig. Cool silver, lamp finial has a nice funky pattern. Wonder what that little gear went to? Looks old :thumbsup:

Probably a clock guam...

Good job in tough conditions. WTG Craig

Beach conditions were awesome escept for the gnats... it was flat like a mill pond and water was crystal clear... even saw 2 small bluefish come towards my coil to check me out... I wish I had a fishing pole :lol:

That's a great hunt in my book Craig, congrats on your finds! And yes, all kinds of biting things here too. I think I'll be staying out of the woods for a while, lol.
Oh, those gear things look like clock parts to me, I see both have 12 teeth. :yes:
Pete

Pete I found those two gears about 100 feet apart... this area is loaded with these things..

Finial may be older than you think. That ring on the side maybe held a candle snuffer on a chain? Just a guess!

The best is when you breathe in one of those suckers and you can feel it in the back of your throat. At least you got out and got some nice coins.:yes:

Finial is awesome......something Indiana Jones would use to find secret treasure, LOL

Thanks... as to IJ... no clue what you are talking about as I don't TV or go to the movies ;)

The best is when you breathe in one of those suckers and you can feel it in the back of your throat. At least you got out and got some nice coins.:yes:

We are talking about different insects... this link below shows you a picture of how big they are... I don't think one of these would be noticable hitting the back on ones throat :lol:

http://www.beaufortusa.com/sand_fleas.htm

Congrats on the silvers, Indian and the beach relics...nice digs!

What did you end up with Bruce? Thanks.

Thanks... as to IJ... no clue what you are talking about as I don't TV or go to the movies ;)

We are talking about different insects... this link below shows you a picture of how big they are... I don't think one of these would be noticable hitting the back on ones throat :lol:

http://www.beaufortusa.com/sand_fleas.htm

What did you end up with Bruce? Thanks.

Just fresh sunburn on top of my existing layers of sunburn:lol: Not a single bug bite though Craig, I must not taste good like you do:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom