3 hunts on Holiday Weekend, Bucket List Dig.

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out for 3 hunts this Memorial Day weekend. While I did not rattle any records all were very nice and enjoyable outings. Saturday provided my best dig hunting the old Church/School. It is an worn, scratched and bent. But now it is mine, a 1857 Seated Half Dime. It rang in as a like a Indian and was a complete surprise. Also found a couple of Merc's, an Indian and some Wheat's. No new coinage at all. Sunday I got to go up and hunt with "Gameoftag" We hit a couple of small town parks. While we did not burn up the sites we both dug Silver Coins which made for enjoyable times. I got a Rosie at each park while "Game" put a Silver Quarter in his pocket. I only dug 47 cents and 2 Wheat's plus a old Ford Hub Cap for my efforts for the rest of my finds. Thank you "Game" for the invite. Monday went to the Jill's School to redo the front part of the building. Staying out towards the curb and sidewalk away from the building it seemed to be more original dirt and provided some nice productive digging. I dug 2 Merc's, a "37" and a"39" along with 6 wheat's and a very nice pile of clad ($7.66). Hope all had a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend. Jack

Attachments

• 5-25-15 2 .jpg
    5-25-15 2 .jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 550
  • 5-25-15 1 .jpg
    5-25-15 1 .jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 541
  • 5-25-15 .jpg
    5-25-15 .jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 542
  • 5-25-15 4 .jpg
    5-25-15 4 .jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 542
  • 5-25-15 5 .jpg
    5-25-15 5 .jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 548
  • 5-25-15 6 .jpg
    5-25-15 6 .jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 546
Awesome!!

When I found my half dime I thought I was about to scoop a zinc penny..

Congrats on all those keepers!

<°)))>{

Awesome weekend Jack and that half dime is beautiful! One of the best parts of this hobby is the element of surprise and what a nice surprise thinking your digging and indian signal to find it is a silver coin. Congrats!

It rang in as a like a Indian and was a complete surprise.
Yep! That happened to me on my only half dime find a couple years ago! I was thinking early wheatie before I dug mine. :thumbsup:

Jack, I'm happy you were able to get out on 3 hunts over the long weekend, and make some nice recoveries, including that half dime beauty!

Congrats,
Raphis
Dan

Congrats on some awesome coins, especially the half dime.
Thank you Coyote, I'm pretty proud of it.
Nice digs Jack! The halfie is awesome, huge congrats.
Greg
Appreciate the comment Greg. It is actually the first I had ever touched.
Awesome!!
When I found my half dime I thought I was about to scoop a zinc penny..
Congrats on all those keepers! <°)))>{
Thanks Scratcher, it came in at 12/36 on the CTX but between 8 and 9 inches and is why I thought Indian.
Awesome weekend Jack and that half dime is beautiful! One of the best parts of this hobby is the element of surprise and what a nice surprise thinking your digging and indian signal to find it is a silver coin. Congrats!
Thank you Jason, It was a surprise, a mighty nice one.
Great hunt!
Thank you Ducky. Jack

A 1857 half dime! Scratched and bent? She looks beutiful to me Jack.
Congratulations bud! That's another good weekend on the books.
Again , that's a lot of diggin. We need to call the fed and get them to stop producing new quarters. All this old money hitting our economy is de-value ing our dollar. One man single handedly is making the price of my buster bar at the DQ cost me a small fortune . Great report , HH , DEw

Yep! That happened to me on my only half dime find a couple years ago! I was thinking early wheatie before I dug mine. :thumbsup:
Jack, I'm happy you were able to get out on 3 hunts over the long weekend, and make some nice recoveries, including that half dime beauty!
Congrats, Raphis Dan
Thank you Dan for the kind words. I still have about a third of this site left to hunt. Wondering what else is left'
Congrats on the half dime!!!!! Great score.
Your comments are appreciated JWP.
Congrats on the Indian and silvers Jack, especially your first Seated Half Dime...nice digging!
Thank you Bruce. What is surprising how Merc's get overlooked when a special coin is found.
Way to go! I miss silver lol especially old silver hh!
There is still Silver out there Jeff, maybe not as much or as old. Sadly I'm not going to find what the boys on the East coast are going to find.
A 1857 half dime! Scratched and bent? She looks beutiful to me Jack.
Congratulations bud! That's another good weekend on the books.
Again , that's a lot of diggin. We need to call the fed and get them to stop producing new quarters. All this old money hitting our economy is de-value ing our dollar. One man single handedly is making the price of my buster bar at the DQ cost me a small fortune . Great report , HH , DEw
Thank you Dew. An ugly coin, but to me she is mint. You know that man that is bankrupting you is just trying to say cut back on DQ.:lol:Jack

Congrat's on a great hunt! I've always wanted to dig a half dime, trime. etc. Thanks for the reference to an indian head penny. I never pass that signal up when it shows 6 or more inches deep and now I'll be hoping it's a half dime!

HH

Awesome digs. Big congrats on the O over the wreath Half Dime!!!!!

Jack nice finds. Congrats on all the nice silvers I'm having a silver coin drought glad to see someone is finding them.

Nice digs!!! I want a half dime so bad!!!
Minelab CTX Dirty30-Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe
Thanks Whisperer, maybe that girls school has one waiting for you.
Congrat's on a great hunt! I've always wanted to dig a half dime, trime. etc. Thanks for the reference to an indian head penny. I never pass that signal up when it shows 6 or more inches deep and now I'll be hoping it's a half dime! HH
Appreciate the comments Dan, I don't pass that signal either just don't get it that often.
Awesome digs. Big congrats on the O over the wreath Half Dime!!!!!
Thanks Swing, It is not got a lot of value but I am happy to have it.
Great lookin hunt Jack congrads on the finds.
Thank Lizard for the kind words.
Great weekend hunt Jack. Big congrats to you as always for your knack at uncovering the silver. Continued success to you....HH !
Thanks ARW, It has been a progression over the years. As the Silver gets more common the clad counts keep dropping. The sites are the difference.
Jack nice finds. Congrats on all the nice silvers I'm having a silver coin drought glad to see someone is finding them.
Appreciate the nice comments GW, hope your drought ends and a long Silver streak begins. Jack

Back
Top Bottom