Great Weekend Hunts Add 7 Silvers and a Large Cent Added Mystery Coin

jack&jill

Elite Member
Had some great hunting this weekend. Comfortable conditions, great friends and wonderful sites. Guess we can't ask for anything more. On Saturday got out with AirForceMike and LadyLuck for an epic hunt at a park bordering Lake Michigan. Beautiful, clean and scenic. First dig of the day netted me a 1883 Indian in very nice condition. About five minutes latter on my second dig I brought up a Eagle Button. Got me thinking the rest of the hunt was going to be easy. Well we had to work for all the rest. Added a 1919 Mercury Dime. While looking at my finds I discovered my only Nickel find of the day was a War Nickel. Did dig another coin that is pretty toasted that came in at 12-42/43 on the CTX but can not verify what it is as of yet. (soaking). It has a reeded edges like an Indian but appear a bit wider. Added a couple bucks in clad to complete the hunt. Thank you Mike for the invite.
Today had a lot of gardening to get in but found some time this afternoon to go back to my farm site to finish the yard. Today I got to hunt the main activity area and house entrance of the yard. I can say I'm more than satisfied with the results. The hunt yielded 5 Silvers, 2 Rosies ("62" & "63"), a 1907 Barber Dime, a 1907 Barber Quarter and a 1928 SLQ. It also gave me my oldest coin find to date with a 1838 Large Cent. The coin is in pretty nice condition for coming out of the ground. Added 7 more Wheats and $2.22 in clad. The 7 silvers now have me up to 30 FTY.
I added pictures of the mystery coin. I hope somebody can help me identify it. It is copper. I updated this photos so you can see the reults for the cleaning. Can now see letters on the adverse and the start of the date is coming out. Thanks for looking and HH. Jack

Attachments

• 4-18-15 .jpg
    4-18-15 .jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 533
  • 4-18-15 1 .jpg
    4-18-15 1 .jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 535
  • 4-18-15 2 .jpg
    4-18-15 2 .jpg
    57 KB · Views: 523
  • 4-19-15 .jpg
    4-19-15 .jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 544
  • 4-19-15 3 .jpg
    4-19-15 3 .jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 544
  • 4-19-15 2 .jpg
    4-19-15 2 .jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 510
  • 4-19-15 4 .jpg
    4-19-15 4 .jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 511
  • mystery 4-18-15 1 .jpg
    mystery 4-18-15 1 .jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 233
  • mystery 4-18-15 2 .jpg
    mystery 4-18-15 2 .jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 274
  • mystery 4-18-15 .jpg
    mystery 4-18-15 .jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 243
  • mystery 4 .jpg
    mystery 4 .jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 158
  • mystery 5 .jpg
    mystery 5 .jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 147
That's some nice huntin Jack !! Congrats on all the finds. That SLQ with a date is a beauty. Hope you figure out the mystery coin.
Pesc

Holy smokes great finds bud. What a great weekend
You were a big part of it Mike, Thank You.
Way to go Jack! Super job!:shock:
Appreciate the kind words Bandit.
That's some nice huntin Jack !! Congrats on all the finds. That SLQ with a date is a beauty. Hope you figure out the mystery coin.
Pesc
Thanks Pesc, the mystery coin is looking more like an Indian after a couple of short soaks today.
Wow... very impressive. Two barbers and an SLQ in one hunt! Congrats
Digger, This site in three hunts has provided me 13 Silvers and the Large Cent. Plus 2 Indians and 19 Wheat's.
Wow, great hunt! SLQ and Barbers are in great condition!
Thank you Nevada, I think I need to clean them a bit more. Only rinsed with soft soap and water, then look them over again. Jack

Yup, good job team. That's a solid take. What Did You Put On the LC to make it so shiny?

I don't know what to say, sitting here with my jaw on the floor again.
Congrats on that sweet fatty ! What a hunt!
, HH. :) Dew

Now look at that awesome hunt!!!
Thank you Jeff.
Yup, good job team. That's a solid take. What Did You Put On the LC to make it so shiny?
Thanks Swing, It's some left over olive oil. I was trying to remove the last bits of matieal from the coin.
I don't know what to say, sitting here with my jaw on the floor again.
Congrats on that sweet fatty ! What a hunt!
, HH. :) Dew
I'm not sure I got a fatty Dews. I think you meant "Largie" and I thank you for the kind words.
Incredible hunt Jack...congrats!! Spring digging at its finest!
Love Spring digging Metal, Ground is loose and still has good moisture in it.
Appreciate your comment Nomad.
Congrats on the Large Cent, Barber Quarter, Stander and the rest of the finds Jack...excellent weekend of digging!
Thank you Bruce, Still learning the CTX but its becoming easier. And when your hunting great sites good things happen. Going back to the first site I hunted last Dec. next and hunt the area that was frozen at that time. Jack

Wow Jack, those were two outstanding hunts. Congrats on all the finds especially from your second spot with the barbers and SLQ. Can't wait to see what the mystery coin is.

Nice haul Jack !! Working for it or not you've been finding it! Keep Digging! HH Scott

Great finds! Congrats on the silvers and especially the Largie! After 40 years a Largie is still on my bucket list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom