Finally Gold.. Saved from a Ghost Town..

Gonehunting

Forum Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Silverfiend and I returned to the Ghost Town (1880s-1920s) where we had found quite a few good coins and other relics. We were working a section that had been disturbed by recent tractor work.. The ground was super packed for a road and the targets past 5 inches were almost impossible to retrieve.. Luckily I got a 60s signal at almost the surface..
JQhcUP3.jpg

I called Silverfiend over and flicked it out.. To be honest at first we weren't sure it was real.. He thought as did I, that it was plated.. Once it came out.. That changed my mind..
9imiCef.jpg

The cool part of the find was it was personalized...
y3l8uOT.jpg

I was hoping it was before 1900 but with the karat mark it's not..
85PHNEp.jpg

Last edited:
I really had to laugh on the posters that commented on your small pictures, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Congrats on a nice old signet ring. I bet you wish it could talk!!

Oh boy, that had to make your heart jump a bit I bet. I can't wait to see something gold in the hole, it has been several years for me.

Oh boy, that had to make your heart jump a bit I bet. I can't wait to see something gold in the hole, it has been several years for me.

I hear ya. Jason and I both knew something gold had to have come out of there.. We were hoping coin but this will work..:D

Back
Top Bottom