Digging bullets pays off WOOT!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Went back to my little dip in the sand today and kept working the very small area that has been giving a few heavier targets. As I approached it today (It's a long walk to the spot) I noticed a couple walking through it and they appeared to be in a hole! This was a great sign and as I got closer I could see it had cut out a bit more since yesterday.

Imagine my JOY when the 5th or so target I pulled was my very first standing liberty quarter. I THINK it is 1923. What do you guys think?

As I kept searching the area I was finding little 22 bullets everywhere. They sound like aluminum on the DFX I think because they are shot already and so very small. Very annoying but I was determined that if there were fishing weights and bullets there then there had to be gold close by and I was not disappointed!

What a beautiful ring! A GREAT day indeed! It was over 80 degrees today but tomorrow it will drop to 50 with strong north winds. I'm hoping that cuts out my little ditch a bit more! Please Lord don't let the heavy seas expected tonight fill it in!

There is also a little sterling silver Jesus in there :) and a cheap heart charm.

Attachments

• 1923 a.jpg
    1923 a.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 978
  • quarter before.jpg
    quarter before.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 957
  • quarter mid.jpg
    quarter mid.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 957
  • quarter after.jpg
    quarter after.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 969
  • standing liberty and gold ring 3-5-15.jpg
    standing liberty and gold ring 3-5-15.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 960
  • ring 3-5-15.jpg
    ring 3-5-15.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 964
Wow! Not just any silver and gold but a SLQ and a beautiful and colorful gold ring. The two make for an awesome tandem! HH!

I'm beginning to think you should write a Book!! Love the SL n the yellow!

:dingding: Old silver and a nice old ring, great day indeed!

You have been getting some nice targets.
Hope the beachs keep giving up the gold for you. Wife has us spending 4 days up there later this month.

Back
Top Bottom