• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First AMERICAN Silver Coin! Roundball ID help?

Paper

Elite Member
Yesterday I went out in the woods to the field where I've gotten all the bullet casings. I used the 250 for about 4-5 hours, and again, I was impressed with how well it hits on the .22 casings... even the small ones hit hard. I also detected the trail leading up to the field which I hadn't done before, that's where I got the roundball and big bullet. This is how I thought I'd find my first silver, a random Roosevelt dime that just happened to get lost with modern clad... but to happen the very next hunt after my first silver coin is just so cool.

Trash. I think the green thing is an eyeglass arm. I must have cleared out most of the bottle caps and pulltabs because I wasn't finding many of them.
http://i59.tinypic.com/2j1k4g0.jpg
34zg50p.jpg

Clad:
http://i60.tinypic.com/2ahabe8.jpg
14vi3jk.jpg

Firearms related. Also a piece of copper wire.
http://i60.tinypic.com/flzka8.jpg
245n0pv.jpg

This was my last target of the day. When I popped it out, I just wrapped the whole clod in a bag and left. Didn't have a camera on me at the time but you can see just how shallow it was. Second pic is what I saw in the field when I popped it out. Cleaned it just by soaking it in water and then running a gentle stream of water over it, no rubbing. I cannot believe I got two silver coins in two consecutive hunts!
21ju002.jpg

e5ms7k.jpg

eajnub.jpg

I'd like help identifying the roundball and what I'm assuming is a pulled copper jacketed bullet of some kind. The dime is a 1948s! The roundball is definitely lead and has a flattened part you can see in the first pic.
dnlx0w.jpg

654w0p.jpg

Happy Hunting!
Total Clad: $2.73
Shotgun Shell Head Stamps:
REM-UMC Nitro Club No.12
Federal Monark No.12
Peters HV No.20
Nitro Express 12GA x2
1901 Leader No.12
Western Super-X No.12
U.M.C. Co. New Club No.12
Other Head Stamps:
Western 38 S&W
Peters 38 S&W
WRA 38 Auto
REM-UMC 32 Spl
Super-X 30-30 WIN x3
U.S.C. Co. 30-30
W.R.A. Co. 30 WCF
REM-UMC 30-30 x5
Western 30 Rem
Peters SAV 300
Super Speed Mauser 8mm
RO 43 WI
Hi U Speed x7
U x10
Super X
H

Congrats on the Silver..... great job!

Thank you!

Awesome finds, congrats on the two silvers!!

Thank you!

Good Job on the two consecutive silvers!!:thumbsup:

Thank you!

Congrats! Nice finds

Thank you!

Awesome hunt! Congrats! Once you clean out the trash usually the good stuff comes!!!

Thank you!

nice hunt

Thank you!

Way to go Paper! Nice Rosie and cool amount of headstamps! Healthy clad take too!

Really nice hunting!

I've found a few iron pieces similar to those in your pic.

Way to go Paper! Nice Rosie and cool amount of headstamps! Healthy clad take too!

Really nice hunting!

I've found a few iron pieces similar to those in your pic.

Thanks! I've found them a couple times before at this spot too. I have no idea what they are...

Your picture makes me wonder if anyone leaves their silver coins in plugs to keep as is. I saw a guy who had a Barber Quarter wedged in rock/cement but I haven't seen a mini-plug.

Back
Top Bottom