1874 Camp giving up the Buttons and a HUGE first for me!

smith693

Buttons , buttons, buttons....
1 Gilded Dragoon- does that make sense in an 1874 cavalry camp?
6 Gilded "C" coat buttons, 6 Gilded "C" cuff buttons
13 Eagle General Service
12 Eagle Cuff
5 Cavalry Sword Strap Stud
Numerous 4 holers...

AND A COIN!!!!!

1866 Shield Nickle, my first from that era!!!

Beautiful shield and look at all those buttons!! What a great hunt! I couldn't imagine detecting a site like that. What is the strip of metal that is rectangle shaped with three holes on each end? I've found a few pieces like that. Unsure of what they are tho...

those buttons are absolutely gorgeous. congrats on the shield nickel too. im impressed by the condition it's in.

Beautiful shield and look at all those buttons!! What a great hunt! I couldn't imagine detecting a site like that. What is the strip of metal that is rectangle shaped with three holes on each end? I've found a few pieces like that. Unsure of what they are tho...

Hoping for some help here with it. It's brass and was found with a "C" button , not sure...

That shield nickel is an awesome find, especially since it is a first year coin. In just VF grade it shows up at $40 range, so it is a heck of a rare one! Great digs and best of luck in your future hunts!

congrats on recovering such neat pieces of history and of course the awsome coin.that would have made my day as well

Back
Top Bottom