One year later...

jeepcat

Hello everyone! I hope everybody is doing well. Its been a while since I posted but I made a find that I just had to share with you all!

Last year around the first week of December I found an art nouveau style silver brooch made by Unger Bros. I don't know much about it but the latest it could have been made was 1914. It was slightly bent, missing the pin, and there was always a question of whether or not it was missing piece. Well, now I have my answer.

Yesterday I was in the same area that I found the brooch and got a really nice sounding signal. When I first dug the target I could tell it was silver, maybe a a ring or something. Then I cleaned the mud off of it and gasped! A little head! It was the missing piece from the brooch I found last year! I got it home and cleaned it up and put it together with the brooch, a perfect fit! The little broken solder points on the head fit perfectly with the chips on brooch! Its a little strange looking, creepy even, but the pieces do fit. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find this! Now I'm contemplating taking it to a jeweler and having it professionally restored.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 409
That's incredible, I remember when you posted that last year.
For some reason, I prefer the piece without the missing cherub.
It just looks like it is somewhat out of place there:?:

That's incredible, I remember when you posted that last year.
For some reason, I prefer the piece without the missing cherub.
It just looks like it is somewhat out of place there:?:

It does look out of place there. When I first put the two pieces together I didn't think it was a match, but the the breaks on the two pieces fit together perfectly, so they were definitely one piece. A couple people I showed it to wondered if it had something to do with death. I don't know about that, but art nouveau did utilized some strange themes.

Hello everyone! I hope everybody is doing well. Its been a while since I posted but I made a find that I just had to share with you all!

Last year around the first week of December I found an art nouveau style silver brooch made by Unger Bros. I don't know much about it but the latest it could have been made was 1914. It was slightly bent, missing the pin, and there was always a question of whether or not it was missing piece. Well, now I have my answer.

Yesterday I was in the same area that I found the brooch and got a really nice sounding signal. When I first dug the target I could tell it was silver, maybe a a ring or something. Then I cleaned the mud off of it and gasped! A little head! It was the missing piece from the brooch I found last year! I got it home and cleaned it up and put it together with the brooch, a perfect fit! The little broken solder points on the head fit perfectly with the chips on brooch! Its a little strange looking, creepy even, but the pieces do fit. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find this! Now I'm contemplating taking it to a jeweler and having it professionally restored.

Thats great that you found it. Its always nice to complete a find. HH George

WOW ! That is the coolest story. Kind of spooky too. My wife says it reminds her of the movie "What lies beneath".
Congrats !

Back
Top Bottom