Oldie

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Been awhile since i post one. This is an oldie i picked up hunting awhile back. We dont get to see many class rings of this age down here. It appears to have had something attached to the silver... possibly the school design. Makes you wonder if it was something passed down or if the woman wearing it was close to 90? I dont know a lot of people.... say my age.... that even wear their HS rings. Posted this for the guys up N. who get to find these all the time. 1941.... went thru the depression and WW. These are the kind that make the BUCKET LIST if you live in FL.

Dew

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 560
I like the old class rings.......IMO they had better designers back then.....and you are right, we don't get to find them very often down here.. nice ring!

Cliff

Good job Dew... I think its most likely white gold... silver would have been tarnished unless you polished it.... ;) what is the matter the amethyst ring doesn't get shown to us? :lol:

Very nice catch, a chunker looks like! Those were beautiful rings, thanks for posting...

Way to go! If they'd quit pumping freakin' sand in Fl. we'd dig plenty of oldies. Most our stuff is under where the beach towel line used to be. Ever find a model T ford key at the beach? They used to park millions of them on our beaches:lol:

I have found plenty of old class rings from 1901 - the 40's. Most had no stone and were solid gold like yours. Those are the best kind!!

Nice ring. Did you find a cut? Hope more good ones come your way.

Down here.... a cut :laughing: dont i wish. We are getting sand dunes, going to be as flat as Daytona if it keeps coming. I agree Craig, i was more talking about the color being silver, it only had tarnish where that center piece had been attached. What other ring .... you are supposed to not see that one.:lol: Had to post this to remind me what a good day was..... cause its not happening currently. Conn...... thats one place im sure im not hunting right now, a polar bear im not. Wasnt really that heavy Joe.... about 4 1/2 grams i think of 10K. GL out there and thanks all.

Dew

Down here.... a cut :laughing: dont i wish. We are getting sand dunes, going to be as flat as Daytona if it keeps coming. I agree Craig, i was more talking about the color being silver, it only had tarnish where that center piece had been attached. What other ring .... you are supposed to not see that one.:lol: Had to post this to remind me what a good day was..... cause its not happening currently. Conn...... thats one place im sure im not hunting right now, a polar bear im not. Wasnt really that heavy Joe.... about 4 1/2 grams i think of 10K. GL out there and thanks all.

Dew

If one is dressed properly... you don't feel the cold... I wear a waterproof insulated glove that I add Hothands to... then layers.. thermal top, shirt, 2 jackets with a hood.. a facemask, insulated waterproof boots for working in the wet sand/rocks... :lol: in the water its more things :yes:

Otherwise if not dressed properly one doesnt feel the cold either.... or their fingers and toes.:laughing:

Otherwise if not dressed properly one doesnt feel the cold either.... or their fingers and toes.:laughing:

You know it's cold up here when there's so much ( saltwater ) slush in your sifter that it won't drain. Yup, that's when they're not kidding when they say :workforgold:.

That was a very nice old ring,,,,,seems like it is very rare we get something that is old,,,,like the 18k band I had a while back that was dated valentines day, 1944,,,,,,,you had a good day,,,,,,I went home with a tungsten, a junker and a silver,,,:( that one is definitely to add to the collection,,,,,I think your collection is growing Dew,,,,,:lol:I don't think it was dropped years back though, simply because the salt is hard on 10k sometimes and that ring was pretty clean,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom