1901 S Barber Quarter!!!! KEY DATE!!!

Dr.Tones

Ok guys. I initially wasn't going to post this. While I was hunting last week I unearthed literally the rarest US silver coin of the 20th century. A 1901 S Barber Quarter!!!! VF/XF (details) with environmental damages and a few scratches. Yes... It's a crying shame its a "dug" coin... But hey... It's the find of a lifetime. There's no doubt in my mind about it's authenticity. The site it was found at, simply put, hasn't been touched since around 1920. I've also had several local dealers (one of which was a former PCGS grader) tell me it's genuine. I know either way it needs to be graded and slabbed, but what are your thoughts? Value? Grade? Where to sell? Thanks! Still spinning! Idaho! On the map!!!

Attachments

• DSC02765 copy.jpg
    DSC02765 copy.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,582
  • DSC02766_opt copy.jpg
    DSC02766_opt copy.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,558
  • image2-1 copy.jpg
    image2-1 copy.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,561
Wow

How awesome is that? And I was hoping I would find a 1916D dime. And it's in such good shape too. I would sell it at an auction. I looked it up in the 2012 Red Book and VF20= $22,500.00 and the 2013 Blue Book it list for $10,000.00? Anyway, it's the kind of coin every Detecterist dreams of finding.
Looks like you hit the jackpot. Congratulations and good luck with selling the coin.
HH everyone

Better than anything I ever dug. Not only did you find that but a FULL LIBERTY! You must !!!! gold nuggets or something with that kind of find:laughing:

Have it graded and post pics. Please for the love of god, use more care in handling this coin!

Last edited:
Gezzee now that I can see this on the BIG monitor is even more beautiful!! Nice job MR Tones!!!!! way to go.

All I can say is WoW !! that is definitely a find of a lifetime and banner worthy. i wish you luck in your sale.

Back
Top Bottom