Hunted two signal depleted sites with my compadre........

goes4ever

Elite Member
wednesday after work Hit this field right across street from my house. Been hunting it for at least five years (with my etrac), I just refuse to give up on it. The newest coin ever from this site is 1865 Indian and I got another 1865 wed nite plus this awesome floral flat button. This site has given up several large coppers, fatty Indians, shield nickel, CW buttons tons of flat buttons, but never a silver coin. I keep hitting it year after year hoping there is at least one old silver hiding there. Dug some lead and half a dozen shotgun shells tonite as well, so it is still not hunted out lol.....set the compadre on foil and dug all beeps. This thing amazes me everytime I take it into heavy iron....lightning fast!!!!

and today.......Took the compadre to another field site i have been hitting with the etrac for the last 5 years, basically it was signal free except for iron grunts........well the lil magic compadre sniffed out a few more keepers. This thing is amazing in iron!!! This was one of my best field sites I have ever had and thats the reason I hit it over and over and over, and let many friends of mine hunt it as well with different machines. It has given up so many old coins, buttons and relics. I was sad it was depleted of signals. The compadre found for me a crusty 1881 indian, flat button, musket ball, old key, small two hole button, and a cool little enameled pin with a star on it. I am happy this came from a worked out site. Two thumbs up again for the compadre.

Attachments

• 11-5-14.jpg
    11-5-14.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 546
  • reverse.jpg
    reverse.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC01064.jpg
    DSC01064.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 540
borrow a tractor and a set of harrows or a plow and harrow/plow up the field then start hitting it again. i bet you theres some silvys in there. congrats on the cool finds!

I watched a friend pull a class ring with one of those, couldn't believe how deep that little machine picked it up... Congrats on the nice finds..

Awesome finds goes4ever. That enameled pin with the blue star is the Blue Star Mothers service flag. Even better is that its history is a lot closer than you think!

http://www.bluestarmothers.org/service-flag

Im sure that there's an amazing story behind that pin.
thank you SO much for posting that!!! I had a feeling that pin with the star has a meaning! I actually found a sterling ring like this a few years ago, very cool!!!!

here is a closer pic of the mother's blue star flag

Attachments

• blue star mother's flag pin.jpg
    blue star mother's flag pin.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 295
Back
Top Bottom