Short hunt with the Deus at a pounded field site...

PhilB

Elite Member
The farmer finally got the bean field harvested that had an old school site on it. I've pounded this site over the years but I wanted to try the Deus there. The last 2 times I hunted there I didn't dig one non-ferrous target. Only stayed an hour(wife gets nervous since my heart attack) but I managed to dig some good targets. The first good target was a deep crotal bell. It was deeper in the ground than the 11in long coin trowel I had. Then I managed the front of a coat button and a small ball button. The last find before I left was the shield nickel. I was surprised that the date was so easy to read, most of the ones I find don't have a date.

Great digs. That shield nickel is in great shape!

Awesome finds Phil...The Crotal looks great and the shield is something that is on my bucket list.Glad to hear you are out and about and still coming up with really nice finds.Keep up the good work.

Do you ever get out with tater? I plan on hooking up with him in about two weeks. I'll be in your area. Maybe I'll see you swinging in a field somewhere!

Do you ever get out with tater? I plan on hooking up with him in about two weeks. I'll be in your area. Maybe I'll see you swinging in a field somewhere!

I've only been out with Tater once this year. I've known him for years though. Let me know when you're down here, I'd like to meet up and hunt with you. Hopefully by then most of our field sites will be harvested.

I've only been out with Tater once this year. I've known him for years though. Let me know when you're down here, I'd like to meet up and hunt with you. Hopefully by then most of our field sites will be harvested.

Sometime after the 9th. Last time he got me a couple neat buttons, some 1880's indian heads, and a 1868 shield nickel. And he pulled a 1850's large cent right in front of me.

Good times!

Back
Top Bottom