CW relic hunts 23-26 Oct

sekypaleo

Here are the results of 4 days of hunting in east Tenn this past Thursday to Sunday. Finds came from 4 different sites...all are hard hit spots and you earn every find. Got 4 eagle buttons total, but 2 fell apart in my hand. Artillery coat button has a couple of threads still at the shank! Wont be any buttons 10 years from now I am afraid. My sole intact minie ended up being after cleaning my first CS Georgia troops teat base! Eyeballed in a tobacco field the base of a Archaic period corner notch arrowhead. Flat buttons are from an early site about 1810. And to finish it up a 1964 Rosie...my birth year! Happy hunting and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• findsoct231.jpg
    findsoct231.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 387
  • findsoct233.jpg
    findsoct233.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 395
  • findsoct232.jpg
    findsoct232.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 385
  • findsoct234.jpg
    findsoct234.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 387
  • findsoct235.jpg
    findsoct235.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 388
Congratulations on a nice group. That artillery button is really nice. It is one I've never found.

Thanks Va-Reb

Pure luck on the Artillery button....1" down in a tobacco field that has been pounded , and i do mean POUNDED for 20+ years....plow brought it up.

Congratulations on the CIV!
I would give my left "you know what" to have a weekend of hunting like that:yes:

Great finds buddy! You had a killer weekend! That Artillery button looks great. The Ga. Teat base is very cool. Does that small pewter button have a back mark? The only period pewter button I've found so far is marked with a "B" & "C" on it, but I could not find any info about it

Great hunt, Bill! Congrats on the nice finds. Love the gilt on the Eagle A and the flat button.
What detector and setup were you using and how is the ground there?

Heh Wayne

Great hunt, Bill! Congrats on the nice finds. Love the gilt on the Eagle A and the flat button.
What detector and setup were you using and how is the ground there?

My ole trusty Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil...button magnet

nice digs, that's a sweet A button.. I've only gotten two in the last three years here in MO

what's the b/m on the gold flat button? most that come out like that are the either the old Scovill, Benedict & Burnham, or Robinson... back in late 2012 I was hunting a camp and got one like that with all the gold.. while it was still in the plug I was yelling at my pard to come over because I was "positive" I had a gold coin :laughing: :mad: :no:

Heh Jeff

backmark is RICH TREBLE ORANGE and yeah, that;s what I thought too! Ole heart went pitter patter for a moment! Thanks for the comments

nice digs, that's a sweet A button.. I've only gotten two in the last three years here in MO

what's the b/m on the gold flat button? most that come out like that are the either the old Scovill, Benedict & Burnham, or Robinson... back in late 2012 I was hunting a camp and got one like that with all the gold.. while it was still in the plug I was yelling at my pard to come over because I was "positive" I had a gold coin :laughing: :mad: :no:

Back
Top Bottom